News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Backing Off (743s):Authentication error

Started by PWTm105, November 10, 2016, 12:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWTm105

Stepped in this morning and line key lit up on my 1032 for my GV line: "Backing Off (743s):Authentication error"

Error shows in IP address and OBITALK.   

I have deleted the SP2 in OBITALK and VIA direct connect IP.
I have reloaded the firmware to the latest.

I have deleted the app from my GV account and re-added via OBITALK.

What am I missing?  I need the line back.

SteveInWA

What "error shows"?

Do you mean that your OBi phone isn't getting an IP address?  If so, none of the other configuration steps will help.

Pick up the handset and key in ***1 and listen.  Does it read back an IP address, or give you an error, or what, exactly?

Sheffield_Steve

This happened to me today.

I have two google voice accounts on my Obi200 and both had the same error.

I "reconnected" it  to both my google accounts and all is good.

Strange that it happened though.

Berkeley

I similarly have two Google Voice accounts, each mapped to an Obi100 - both stopped working yesterday and give the 'Google Voice Service Connection' error.

There has been no change to either Google account. Phones have IP addresses and dial tones - calling gives the error. I've reconnected (a few times!) to both Google accounts - I receive the message that the configuration has updated successfully, but have the same 'Backing Off: Authentication Error'. [Backing Off (651s) and (5238s), if that means anything].

Both devices are running 1.3.0 (Build: 2886).

Any ideas?!

Berkeley

I've finally managed to reconnect both lines by deleting the devices and re-adding. Not sure what the problem was, although I wonder if it something to Speed Dials now being available to set up in the dashboard - before I had speed dials set up using the Expert Configuration mode, and the only way to get them to stick was to turn off Auto-Provisioning. I did try turning Auto-Provisioning back on, but in the end the trick seemed to be deleting and re-adding.