News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Stuck in Reboot Loop

Started by Ember1205, November 14, 2016, 01:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember1205

I picked up a used Obi202 and performed a factory reset on the device. Seemed to do what it should. When the LED changed to red to indicate that it was restarting, I had a LAN cable connected to the Internet port and a phone plugged in to Line 1. The LED never illuminates on the box to indicate that the network is connected, and I never see a DHCP address request in the logs of my DHCP server.

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether this can be salvaged or if it's toast? Seller will take it back, so no loss if it's non-functional. But, would like to get it up and running if I can.

drgeoff

Check that you really have the cable in the Internet port, not the LAN port.

If yes and the cable is good and your DHCP server is OK and you really have done a factory reset and still no joy, it is game over.  (Dial ***8 and follow prompts for factory reset.)  Worth trying another PSU if you have one to hand that gives 12 volts, and has a centre positive plug that fits.

Ember1205

Cable is good, DHCP server is working fine, switch and port that it's plugged into is good. I've tried connecting it to both the LAN and Internet ports and NEITHER shows a link or any activity. Left it all connected up and powered up for close to an hour, continually rebooting every few minutes - no joy.

Plug in a phone to each of the phone ports with the same results - no dial tone, no anything. Dial ***8, nothing. Dial ***1, nothing. Absolutely no response at all.

I did the factory reset procedure no less than ten times. Every time it went through the light pattern as it should, landed on solid red (rebooting), then went into the reboot loop.

I suspect it's toast.

drgeoff

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 14, 2016, 03:06:01 PM
Cable is good, DHCP server is working fine, switch and port that it's plugged into is good. I've tried connecting it to both the LAN and Internet ports and NEITHER shows a link or any activity. Left it all connected up and powered up for close to an hour, continually rebooting every few minutes - no joy.

Plug in a phone to each of the phone ports with the same results - no dial tone, no anything. Dial ***8, nothing. Dial ***1, nothing. Absolutely no response at all.

I did the factory reset procedure no less than ten times. Every time it went through the light pattern as it should, landed on solid red (rebooting), then went into the reboot loop.

I suspect it's toast.
Even with nothing plugged in to the ethernet ports a working 202 should give dial tone.  it is dead.