News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cant receive calls but can make outgoing calls

Started by natatchis, August 29, 2016, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natatchis

I've been trying to set up my obi100 in canada. But i can't receive calls and when i tried and find answers online it said i didnt have a google voice number. when i try make the google voice number i cant becuase there isn't an option to.

SteveInWA

That's right.  Google Voice numbers are only available to users located in the USA.  No Google Voice for Canadians, eh.

You can instead use a SIP VoIP service provider.  Voip.ms is an excellent option, and they're headquartered in Canada.

natatchis

thanks for the advice but i was using obitalk for around a year before setting it up again and it worked fine for me and for free. Could you please tell me how to set up obitalk in Canada for free.

thank you, eh

SteveInWA

Google has increased its scrutiny of users requesting Google Voice numbers, and it has added restrictions to prevent abuse of the service.

You'll need to use some other service.

SteveInWA

Don't despair.  Look at the pricing for voip.ms.  It's quite reasonable, and many folks here on the forum are very satisfied with their service.

drgeoff

Quote from: natatchis on August 30, 2016, 07:28:19 PM
thanks for the advice but i was using obitalk for around a year before setting it up again and it worked fine for me and for free. Could you please tell me how to set up obitalk in Canada for free.

thank you, eh
You keep writing "obitalk". What exactly did you have working and what are you trying to configure now? Obitalk is not Google Voice.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on August 31, 2016, 12:30:03 AM
Quote from: natatchis on August 30, 2016, 07:28:19 PM

thank you, eh
You keep writing "obitalk". What exactly did you have working and what are you trying to configure now? Obitalk is not Google Voice.

it said i didnt have a google voice number. when i try make the google voice number i cant becuase there isn't an option to.

wmark

i too am in Canada. Using voip.ms along with a Vtech phone.
have the OBi 202. Can call out but cannot receive calls.

Did all the regular idiot things like make sure the DND is not on. Tried with the SIP/ALG settings in the router checked and unchecked. Rebooted the router, rebooted the OBi202, wiped the settings and redid them (have not reverted to factory settings on the OBi though).

Suggestions ?
Thanks

Lavarock7

Quote from: wmark on November 18, 2016, 12:57:27 PM
i too am in Canada. Using voip.ms along with a Vtech phone.
have the OBi 202. Can call out but cannot receive calls.
On the Voip.Ms website, click on DID NUMBERS then on MANAGE DID NUMBERS.

Is the telephone number pointed to the correct route?

Do inbound calls show up in the CDR Call Detail Report?

I personally use subaccounts for all my numbers.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com