News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo for CAN & Google Voice for US and Itl

Started by illicit, November 18, 2016, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illicit

I've tried the following link:
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9107.0

I've also tried the guide on setting up the correct rules. I'm so lost and nothing works, I simply get a busy tone when trying to dial out to a local (416) number.

What I need is:
1) Canadian #s routed to SP1 (Anveo)
2) US #s routed to SP2 (Google Voice)
3) International #s routed to SP2 (Google Voice)
4) 1900 #s prevented from calling out

I've spent 7 hours pulling hair out trying to accomplish this.

Someone please help. For the love of God.

drgeoff

Please confirm that you have successfully completed the preliminary step. that is getting Anveo and Google 'connected' to your OBi.  Can you make outgoing calls to each of those by using the **1 and **2 prefixes respectively?

illicit

azrobert

Phone Port Primary Line: SP2

Add to beginning of Phone OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp1):sp1},

ITSP A DigitMap: (1905xxxxxxx|1289xxxxxxx|1647xxxxxxx|1416xxxxxxx|1519xxxxxxx|1613xxxxxxx|1705xxxxxxx|1807xxxxxxx)

ITSP B DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|!1900xxxxxxx|!900xxxxxxx)

The phone digitmap validates the dialed number.
(Mpli) includes ITSP B digitmap rules.
ITSP A is not used to validate numbers.
10 digit numbers are converted to 11, so you don't need 10 digit numbers in ITSP A digitmap for routing.

illicit

azrobert, do know you're an absolute gem. never stop being one.

lastly, it seems calling CAN #s does go through SP1 (Anveo) but when I dial a US # it does not go through SP2 (Google Voice). The test number's area code in question is 937.

your further help would be appreciated but not expected. a gem has a busy life to live.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on November 19, 2016, 09:34:49 AM
Phone Port Primary Line: SP2

Did you make SP2 your Primary Line per azrobert's instructions?

illicit

Yes I have.. :/

I've also factory reset and put in the settings several times.

sylvaing

Hi, this is the digimap that I use:

SP1 (Google Voice)
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1819>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Sp2 (Anveo)
(911S0|933S0|<311:8195952002>S0|<411:18005551212>S0|<511:18883550511>S0|<611:18663011942>S0|<811:18003613977>S0|x11S0|*xxS0|<:**1>1819453xxxxS0|<:819>[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<2:**11>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<3:>011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|!011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|!19(00|76)x.)

Instead of bothering about which area code belongs to whom, I've set Anveo to be used when the phone number is 11 digits and starts with a 1 and Google voice to be used when the phone number is 11 digits and starts with a 2. International numbers (those that starts with 011) are blocked, unless they start by a 3 (so 3011) to prevent unintentional international calls from m kids. 1900 and 1976 are also blocked.

Telebec (819453xxxx) is having problem accepting calls from Anveo so I'm passing that to Google so I can call my cottage.

azrobert

What happens when you dial a US number?
Check the call history to see what is exactly happening.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

Post your phone OutboundCallRoute

Edit:
What model OBi do you have?

SteveInWA

This begs the question, why do you want to do this at all?

Google Voice calls to Canadian numbers are free.

sylvaing

Personally, I don't want people not answering my calls because they see "Unknown number". If you mean only use Google Voice, then two more problems. No 911 and no incoming calls.

Edit: I'm in Canada.

illicit

@sylvaing : thanks for the info. i'll look into modding your rules.. maybe i could have it set so that 11 digit nums terminate through Google Voice and 10 digit nums terminate through Anveo. but i'd prefer the cleaner requirements as proposed earlier.

@azrobert : thanks for the info. i'm really tech savvy, like really. time is just a constraint and i have ocd. these rules just kinda drive me crazy and when logic flows break i go nuts hahah. i've been trying to figure out the problem, i think it does indeed lie with the OutboundCallRoute.
OBi model : 200
OutboundCallRoute : {(Msp1):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

@SteveInWA : reason being we've had our CAN number for 11 years. my mother and sister are completely tech incompetent. we cant have calls made to CAN #s with a callback number that is Google Voice / Unknown. Sure, it can 'work' but it simply won't for these two. i live away from home and my dad's always overseas. i'd like my mother to be able to call out to a CAN number and have it called back like normal (as if we were using a local provider). as for the Google Voice, well my dad works overseas like I mentioned (coupled with relatives all over the place). it would be nice to have Google Voice handle those calls. and I've already hooked up the Google Voice to ring a Twilio number that forwards to the home number (just in case the Google Voice is called back) but that costs $ per call. and that should only be the case if a US # is called. it works well for our US friends cause they can call back a US num that will Twilio back to the home phone (it also looks similar to our CAN number). CAN calls should show our CAN number (Anveo) and US/Intl/other should terminate through Google Voice. Hopefully this answers your question.

I'd sit with the manual but the numbers and rules all kind of jumble up. and i give up. I'll try again though.

@everyone thanks for all the help

to reiterate:
I need CAN calls through Anveo, and US/Intl/other through Google Voice. Obviously coupled with the 911 and accepting incoming calls on the Anveo and Google Voice incoming calls are Twilio'd back to the home number (Anveo). it would be a plus to be able to block telemarketers but what's that when I can't even get this to work ahah. the cherry on top comes last.

sorry if any of this is a confusing mess, it's 4:30AM and the sleep meds are kicking in. hopefully I sort it out tomorrow :) any help would be greatly appreciated.

azrobert

You didn't say what's happening. Are all numbers routed to SP1?

I don't see any problem with the configuration. Check your changes to make sure they are still intact. If you added your OBi200 to the OBiTalk portal, you must use OBi Expert to make configuration changes. If you want to use the local interface to make configuration changes you need to turn off auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay your change.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

illicit

All calls route through SP1. It shows in the history.

And yes, I've done exactly what you assume. All changes are made through the portal. I also login to the local interface to double check those changes have occurred.

I have no idea why it won't work. I've double checked everything over and over and over again.

Thanks anyways, I'll keep fiddling with it.

And yes, SP2 is set as primary. Prior to adding the change to OutboundCallRoute it uses Google Voice for the calls.

Could it just be the box or some setting somewhere I haven't checked?? UGH

drgeoff

Have you changed the Phone Port Digit Map from its default string?

azrobert

Again, I don't see the problem. The following are wild suggestions and shouldn't make a difference.

Are you using the current firmware? I think its build 5285.

Try adding SP2 to the outbound route:

{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Remove 900 numbers:
ITSP B DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

If it still doesn't work, remove SP1 from the outbound route. Are all numbers now routed to SP2?

{(Msp2):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

illicit

Firmware is updated to max. I even did it manually. But it's not the same build number as yours. Mind if you can send me yours (probs beta) since I really want this to work :(

Adding {(Msp2):sp2} didn't solve it.

And you are correct, once I remove {(Msp1):sp1} it routes all calls through SP2 (Google Voice).

We're close just no idea why it's this frustrating.

Could the box be faulty?

Edit: How about editing DigitMap for Phone 1?

Edit 2:

ITSP A DigitMap:
(1905xxxxxxx|1289xxxxxxx|1647xxxxxxx|1416xxxxxxx|1519xxxxxxx|1613xxxxxxx|1705xxxxxxx|1807xxxxxxx)

ITSP B DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|!1900xxxxxxx|!900xxxxxxx)

Phone 1 DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone 1 OutBoundCallRoute:
{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

drgeoff

Quote from: illicit on November 20, 2016, 09:47:19 AM
Could the box be faulty?
Not impossible but very, very, very, very unlikely.

Is the Phone Port Digit Map at its default?

illicit

drgeoff

And under Voice Services, SP1 Service, X_ServProvProfile is definitely set to 'ITSP A'  ?