News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 Call rejected by service provider reason 503 or 500

Started by PatrickRyan, November 21, 2016, 07:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickRyan

Recently, when dialing out on my Obi 200, either through the Simmons GV Gateway or through Circlenet, the call does not go through. Instead I get this "call rejected by service provider reason 503 or 500". When this has happened occasionally in the past 3 years I'd power cycle the Obi and things returned to normal. No such luck this time. Nothing has changed so I'm baffled. Appreciate any guidance re troubleshooting/correcting. Thanks

SteveInWA

I see you also asked here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31099350-Voip-ms-Trouble-With-Obi-200-call-rejected-by-service-provider

This looks like a Rip Van Winkle bug (you just woke up from a long sleep and didn't know what went on while you were out of it).

Error 500 means that the server to which the request was sent can't respond and gave up.
Error 503 usually means that the service is unavailable...because the service is down, or either the service itself, or your right to use it, is shut off.

Since you said you've been using it for "years", you probably need to take care of something over at the Simonics (not Simmons) gateway site to reauthorize your account.  Because GVGW is, in fact, a XMPP/SIP gateway, there are two separate points of failure:  The gateway could no longer be authorized to use the Google Chat/XMPP service on your Google account, or your OBi has some sort of login problem to the SIP side of the gateway.  You'd know the latter was the problem if the status on your OBi doesn't say "Registered".

Since Circlenet is out of business, that response would be expected.

Why not just use Google Voice directly with your OBi? 

azrobert

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 21, 2016, 11:32:56 PM
Since Circlenet is out of business, that response would be expected.

My CircleNet account still works. They aren't going out of business and will still service their wholesale customers. They are giving retail customers refunds upon request, but still will service any other retail customer until the end of 2017 or until their balance is depleted.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30949185-CircleNet-is-backing-away-from-retail-VOIP

swan2swan

Lately I am experiencing this problem a lot. Nobody can call me nor can I place a call due to the code 500 A lot. Is it a GV or Simonics issue? Can anyone help me?

Edit: I just switched back to GV directly and calling out works fine but still not able to receive any outside calls. :(