News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Flashing Green Power LED Obi100

Started by Afford, November 24, 2016, 06:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afford

Hi,

Recently, my parent's Obi100 stopped working and when I checked it, there is a blinking green power LED. It has been working fine for the past couple of years and my parents said that they didn't change anything when one day it stopped working.

I tried switching ethernet cables and ethernet ports and I followed the directions here (http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/bg), but my router doesn't recognize the Obi100 device. I connected my laptop using the same ethernet cable and port to the router, so there is nothing wrong with them. I do get a dial tone on the phone, but when I press ***1 on my phone, it tells me that the IP address is not available. I have reset the Obi100 about 10 times and the router still does not recognize the device. I updated the firmware a few months ago, so it should be on the May 2016 firmware.

Is there anything else that I can do to try to fix the device or do I have to buy a new one?

FormerYooper

Had similar issues with my OBi 100 a few months back too.  Ended up just switching to the OBi200.  I understand from an email Obihai sent me that they are running a sale on them this weekend Black Friday through CyberMonday on Amazon & Newegg. 

Afford

Quote from: FormerYooper on November 24, 2016, 09:34:31 AM
Had similar issues with my OBi 100 a few months back too.  Ended up just switching to the OBi200.  I understand from an email Obihai sent me that they are running a sale on them this weekend Black Friday through CyberMonday on Amazon & Newegg. 

Thanks for the help. I ended up buying one off jet.com for $35.