News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 intermittent outgoing audio

Started by Novice, November 24, 2016, 06:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I bought 2 Obi200s at the same time a couple years ago, but didn't use them for a while. Now that I use them, both have the same problem.
Sometimes everything works perfectly, but sometimes no one else will be able to hear me speak (I can still hear them). When this happens, the lack of outgoing audio lasts anywhere from an hour to a few days. Rebooting the OBI doesn't seem to help, but eventually the problem goes away on its own. It will great for another 1-7 days when outgoing audio stops working again.

• It happens on two obi200s (not a problem with the specific device)
  • It happens on both outgoing and incoming calls.
  • it makes no difference which of my SIPs i use (freephoneline, GV, or voip.ms  - not a problem with the service provider).
  • When i use my old Obi100 or Obi110, everything works perfectly all the time (not a problem with my network/setup)

I have Bell Fibe 25 (should be plenty fast for VOIP)

Again, the issue is only intermittent - anyone else have this?
Any suggestions? If not, should i throw these out and buy a new obi200 and hope it doesn't have the same issue?

FormerYooper

Yup ... get it every time Carbonite is backing up my computer.  I just disable Carbonite, or end the process and all is well again.  You have a file back-up service running on your system?

Novice

No. And my computer isn't even on all the time, and the outgoing audio outage can last for several days.

FormerYooper

It also occurred to me that there was another thing that caused audio issues for me a few years ago.  My modem/router was too close to my cordless phone base unit.  Once I moved the base unit 6-7 feet away from the modem/router, that solved the audio issues.  Just thought I'd mention that as well. 

Novice

Hmm, intersting, I could give that a try.
It's just when i use the obi100 or obi110 there's no problem, even though the position of my cordless phone base remains close to the modem/router