News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple GV outgoing on Obi thru FreePBX/Asterisk

Started by hapollo, July 17, 2016, 04:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

You would only use CallerID to restrict routing for a specific extension. Wouldn't you want all extensions to route calls for a specific country to the same provider?

In the OBi route domestic and international calls to the same extension. In Freepbx include the country code in the Outbound Route's Match Pattern.

NoelB

Quote from: hapollo on August 03, 2016, 07:10:29 AM

It tried what I think is the same method using Match Pattern with Asterisk extension as the CallerID parm and no prefixes, but calls don't go out that Trunk as expected.
Any suggestions on what to look for to make this transition as seamless as possible?

I cant advise how to do this in FreePBX but Asterisk can do what you want using Pattern Match.

For example this entry in extensions.conf will send any 8 digit number starting with a 4 or 5 or 6 or 8 or 9 out via [trunk1] or however you have defined the trunk. Underscore _ tells asterisk to match what follows.

exten=>_[4-689]xxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/trunk1/${EXTEN})

This will send a number prefixed with 22 out via trunk2 after removing the first 2 digits ( ie 22) EXTEN: can be used to remove unwanted digits.

exten=>_22xx.,1,Dial(SIP/trunk2/${EXTEN:2})

hapollo

Quote from: azrobert on August 03, 2016, 08:58:29 AM
You would only use CallerID to restrict routing for a specific extension. Wouldn't you want all extensions to route calls for a specific country to the same provider?

Removing the extension resolved it. You guys are wizards at this. Still getting the hang of this over Obi.

Originally just wanted Onesuite available for remote extension since I never use Obi direct dial to Onesuite. Would normally use Onesuite Android App for my calls. Hence, just wanted to limit to one remote Obi trunk

Now, with the exception of GV trunks, at least, I'll still have Onesuite/Localphone failover if asterisk goes down.

Not sure I have anything else to migrate but loving this setup since I was able to migrate other apps to make use of the Pi2; i.e. printer server, NAS, and media server with little effect on SIP call quality since it's quad core and VOIP uses such low bandwith. Best of all draws 3w of electricity. Quite the device!

hapollo

Ok, using for 3 months with no issues. For all those who replied, thanks for all the guidance.