News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

On Obi202 setup, after sign in ObiTalk, to add Obi dev., you call the number giv

Started by ffman2152, December 05, 2016, 09:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffman2152

I'm nearly 65, bought the Obi202 better than 3 1/2 years ago, and on other occasions, tried to set it up and use it, CORRECTLY, but it seems my phone service workers hated seeing it, and wanted me to toss out. Instead, I have now FIRMLY made up my mind, but instead of setting it up, I run into a road block I can't find an answer to. After signing in to ObiTalk, and clicking on ADD DEVICE, calling number provided, and when he recorded message begins, the page goes to confirm Admin Password, any and all passwords I try, comes back as "Incorrect admin password. Please try again". I have changed my Profile Password, and I guess I am administrator, since no one else lives with me, my kids live in other states with their families, but if my PROFILE PASSWORD is wrong, where do I find my ADMIN PASSWORD? I have had Google Voice for at least a decade, ever since they exited Beta testing, so I already have a GV account. It's just setting up Obi202, to connect to it. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Hi:  I dunno what your age has to do with it -- I'm over 60, too, so welcome to the "AARP OBi User Club"  ::)

It sounds like you may have previously changed the device's own internal password at one time.  If you didn't, the default user ID and password are both "admin".  If admin/admin doesn't work, then you'll need to factory reset the device to get it back to the default state.  To do that, pick up the phone attached to the OBi, and key in ***8 then 1 to confirm you want to restore to default.  After it finishes rebooting, you should be able to complete the procedure.