News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

outgoing call from OBI phone takes 12 rings to show up on my ATT cell phone

Started by vanlee, December 14, 2016, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanlee

My OBI110 phone setup with google voice has been working for many years. Today, my wife called my cell phone from the OBI phone. She waited for 8 rings before hanging up. When I arrived home, she complained that I did not answer the call. I looked at the incoming call log of my cell phone, but found no record of this call. Besides, I did not hear any incoming call during the time my wife called me.

I did an experiment at home to call my cell phone from OBI phone. I waited patiently. After hearing 12 rings on the OBI phone, my cell phone started ringing. I repeated the experiment calling the other cell phones of the family. They all rang after hearing 12 rings on the OBI phone.

Has anyone seen this issue? Is this a change in google voice's operation? Thank you in advance for any help or suggestion to resolve this issue.

Jackson

I assume you have power cycled your Obi?  Just pull the power plug, wait a bit and plug it back in.