December 15, 2017, 09:56:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:
 
   Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP: No one can hear me, neither inbound nor outbound!  (Read 5863 times)
2ooarmz
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 31



« on: December 17, 2016, 02:24:09 pm »

So, as the Subject says, No one can hear me, neither inbound nor outbound!  Angry

This just started today; no changes have been made - went to bed last night with a working phone; got up this morn without a completely working phone!

We have an OBi202; PhonePower VOIP; Belkin N300; DSLeXtreme.com ISP.

What's wrong (what's going on here)...
So, it doesn't matter if calls are incoming or outgoing, I cannot hear anything!  (But, I can be heard.)
  
(I call Mom; I can't hear her; she can hear me.)
Or
(Mom calls me; I can't hear her, she can hear me.)

What could be wrong?  I'm hoping it's just an easy "click this" or "unclick that."
As I said, it worked yesterday, but not today.  Huh

I have rebooted the Obi several times today; oh ya, once, after a reboot, I could hear both incoming/outgoing---but it must've been a fluke because that hasn't happened since.

HELP!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:47:37 pm by 2ooarmz » Logged
Mango
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 498


« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 03:24:03 pm »

Try the following in order, testing between each:

1) If you haven't already, try powering off your router and your OBi, then power your router on, then when it is connected to the internet, power your OBi on.

2) Be sure that your Belkin N300 router receives a public IP address from your ISP.  Its WAN IP address should not start with 10. or 192.168.  If it does, place your modem in bridge mode.

3) Be sure that Service Providers >> ITSP Profile X >> SIP >> X_DiscoverPublicAddress is checked.

4) Try to use your router to forward UDP (not TCP) ports 16600-16798 (inclusive) to your OBi202's IP address.  I'm assuming PhonePower is using ITSP Profile A and the RTP LocalPortMin and LocalPortMax settings are default.  If this doesn't solve the problem, remove the port forward.

4) If you still have problems, contact PhonePower.
Logged

drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester
*****
Posts: 2724


« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 03:54:00 pm »

First test should be to dial the echo test number **9 222 222 222.  After the announcement you should get whatever you say sent back to you with a short delay.
Logged
2ooarmz
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 31



« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 05:21:49 pm »

Of course, now that I've gotten some replies to this post, my phone is working fine!  In fact, I just talked to Mom and we both heard each other just fine. 

Anyway...
@drgeoff
I dialed that number and, since my phone is now working, I heard myself as expected.  Thanks!


@Mango
I had already been doing #1.

And, I read elsewhere about #3 and so checked it and it's fine. 

As to #2, I can't find a "public" IP address listed anywhere in my Belkin.  I checked the Wan Settings, but there's no IP showing.   The only IP I see is the LAN IP address; that one does start with 192.168.
(Under WAN Settings, the Connection Type is PPPoE)

As to #4, I've tried many times to port forward but it never seems to work.  After I enter the settings, I use an online service to check on the ports, and it always says that port ___ is closed. 
I've used several different online services for this and they all come back saying the same thing.  So it appears that port forwarding, in my case, is just a myth.  Undecided
Here's one, for example: <www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports>

In any case, for now, since it ain't broke, I won't try and fix it.  Grin

Thanks to you both for your replies!  Smiley
Logged
Mango
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 498


« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »

(Under WAN Settings, the Connection Type is PPPoE)

That should be fine.

After I enter the settings, I use an online service to check on the ports, and it always says that port ___ is closed.

That is expected - the online port scanner tools typically test TCP ports.  VoIP uses UDP.

My theory for this one was that your router or modem had done an automatic firmware upgrade that was interfering with SIP/RTP packets.  But since it is now working, that guess was probably wrong.

In any case, for now, since it ain't broke, I won't try and fix it.  Grin

I'm glad to hear it's working again.  Perhaps the problem was on PhonePower's or their carrier's side and some other customer complained.
Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC