News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OpenVPN Setup Obi1062

Started by BorisT, December 23, 2016, 09:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisT

Hello, for some reason I have been unable to find proper documentation for this on the site - really just looking for reference of where, exactly, ${userdir} exists for the vpn configuration file - as well as how I can enable some more detailed logging on why it may be failing.

thanks

drgeoff

I am unaware that a VPN can be configured on the OBi10x2 phones and a search of the Admin Guide http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000AdminGuide.pdf for 'VPN' finds no instances of that term.

What device and OS are you attempting to install the VPN server or client on?

BorisT

An Obi1062 I received today (and checked for latest update) see screenshots below, openvpn option is under wan settings

I copied a config file from USB key to that location

BorisT

also the following is listed under system status:

drgeoff

That seems to be a new addition to the firmware.  So new that the status message still has incorrect grammar.

BorisT

I see it mentioned in passing here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=947

are the official changelogs/docs that far behind firmware releases?

thanks

drgeoff

I don't know where those Release Notes are coming from as they are much more up to date than those in the official thread on this forum.  Perhaps WelshPaul can tell us more.

volkswagner

I too am interested in finding instructions on OpenVPN setup.

Bump!

OBiSupport

FreeWillie

Quote from: OBiSupport on February 04, 2017, 11:38:53 AM
See attached.

The linked article seems to have been moved/deleted. Is there another article available on VPN setup for the 1062 ?

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: FreeWillie on January 20, 2018, 06:26:27 AM
Quote from: OBiSupport on February 04, 2017, 11:38:53 AM
See attached.

The linked article seems to have been moved/deleted. Is there another article available on VPN setup for the 1062 ?

Thanks

It has not been moved or deleted.  Attachments on the forum have not been working for the last few weeks.  Can't post any new attachments, can't read any existing ones.

OBiSupport

Thanks for bringing up the issue. You should be able to view and upload attachments now.