News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ported landline - should the new number show up in Obitalk?

Started by ScanHist, December 29, 2016, 08:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScanHist

Hi,

I have a google voice account that had a google voice issued number.  I just ported my existing landline number from ATT, to T-Mobile, and then to google voice.

The port works fine, I can dial in and out into the google voice account using my ATT landline number.  I was wondering, should not that ported new number now associated with my google voice account also show up in my Obi dashboard?  I don't see it - all I see is the Obi number that came with the Obi202 box.

Or is only the nine digit Obi number that came with the Obi202 box supposed to show up in my Obi account?  Do I need to add the new ported number to my Obi account?

I want to make sure I do this correctly because I intend to set up the Anveo E911 service and want to make sure nothing gets goofed up with the 911 service.

Thanks for any info.

SteveInWA

The telephone numbers you are using, supplied by the various service providers, do not appear on the OBiTALK dashboard.  All the OBi cares about are the login credentials (for Google Voice, this is accomplished via OAUTH 2.0 security token exchange, or for SIP VoIP service providers, your SIP username and password).

The Anveo 911 service is provisioned independently of any other service, and it doesn't need your Google Voice telephone number.