News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 setup problem

Started by mynar49er, December 29, 2016, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynar49er

I still trying to set up my device.
My **5 number gets sent to the server, then it times out with no connection.
My **9 number does not connect.
I have disabled all my Firewalls.
I have factory reset.
I have rebooted.
I have steady green light.
I think the device is defective.
What is the solution?

drgeoff

Starting another thread about the same problem is not the solution.

mynar49er

I thought I might be in the wrong Place since I haven't received any help from
corporate.

jonintl

I'm was having a similar problem with my 200. I couldn't setup sp1 to VOIP.MS but I could set it up to Anveo. In the OBiTALK portal under Service Provider Set-Up status I got the message "Service not configured". I could however set up sp2 - sp4 to VOIP.MS. I did a hard reset as well and also downgraded the firmware to whatever was available at this link: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw . In addition I Reset the OBi Expert Config. It turns out the proxy server setting was not being sent to my ATA. For some reason the check box under "OBiTALK settings" on the proxy server line was staying checked.

I'm having poor audio quality with Anveo (constant stuttering) and I'm having an issue with the Anveo proxy server not changing. It registers but it does not change to anything other than their Dallas server. I've gone so far as to change the server manually in the OBi Expert config and it still doesn't change on the ATA. So you might want to make sure your settings are being applied to your ATA.

drgeoff

Quote from: jonintl on December 31, 2016, 09:13:42 PM
I'm was having a similar problem with my 200. I couldn't setup sp1 to VOIP.MS but I could set it up to Anveo. In the OBiTALK portal under Service Provider Set-Up status I got the message "Service not configured". I could however set up sp2 - sp4 to VOIP.MS. I did a hard reset as well and also downgraded the firmware to whatever was available at this link: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw . In addition I Reset the OBi Expert Config. It turns out the proxy server setting was not being sent to my ATA. For some reason the check box under "OBiTALK settings" on the proxy server line was staying checked.

I'm having poor audio quality with Anveo (constant stuttering) and I'm having an issue with the Anveo proxy server not changing. It registers but it does not change to anything other than their Dallas server. I've gone so far as to change the server manually in the OBi Expert config and it still doesn't change on the ATA. So you might want to make sure your settings are being applied to your ATA.
Your problem was not similar in any relevant manner to the OP's. He/she could not get past the first steps of reaching the echo test number or registering the OBi to the portal.