News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Temporarily pass *72 through to the provider

Started by Doctor567, December 30, 2016, 10:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor567

I wish to activate forwarding with my provider (a PSTN line plugged into the OBI LINE port).  They also use *72 and *73 to activate forward all/deactivate, respectively.  The OBi will capture those commands when I dial them, and activate forwarding calls via the OBi (which is not what I want).  Is there a way that I prevent the OBi from intercepting the code (without having to disconnect the phone/line and bypass the entire OBi)?

I tried clearing out the entries for *72 and *73 in star code profile A and star code profile B, saved the settings, and tried it, but it does not appear to have had any effect.  I hear 3 beeps and a dial tone, which is the same sound I heard before disabling the codes, so I assume that is the OBi response tone.

drgeoff

A workaround is to first dial a single '#'.  That will effectively connect the phone to the PSTN line.  When you hear the dial tone from the PSTN provider you can dial the star codes without them being intercepted by the OBi110.

azrobert

On an OBi202 you need to dial "##" to get PSTN dial tone.

You can route these star codes without getting dial tone first by adding "*72|*73" to the Line DigitMap. This only works if your Primary Line is Line.

If Line is not the Primary Line then add "*72|*73|" to the Phone1/2 DigitMap. Also add "{(*72|*73):li}," to the beginning of the Phone1/2 OutboundCallRoute.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on December 30, 2016, 04:06:49 PM
On an OBi202 you need to dial "##" to get PSTN dial tone.
Correct.

I should have remembered that Doctor567 is using 202s and not assumed that "PSTN line plugged into the OBI LINE port" meant a 110.  Maybe if he had written "OBiLINE" rather than "OBI LINE" I would have realised.