News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 and 302 fail to reset after router reboot

Started by RichardC, December 30, 2016, 04:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardC

I have one of each of these, and they are working fine, but if I reboot the router, the Obi units do not re-aquire an IP address.  Instead, they sit there with the power light blinking slowly.  The only fix is to power-cycle the Obi's and then they work fine.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to force them to re-aquire the IP Address.

Thanks

drgeoff

restamp

I am presuming your router also functions as your LAN's DHCP server.  You might check if it has the capability of reserving and assigning dynamic addresses based on the MAC address of the requester.  That's what I do here.  (My OBi200 is set up to always be assigned 192.168.xxx.200 and the 202 always gets .202.)  Although some of the big stuff on my LAN is static, for semi-portable items like the OBis, I find keeping them dynamic, but locking in the IP address assigned them by the DHCP server, works best.

drgeoff

Quote from: restamp on December 30, 2016, 11:20:40 PM
I am presuming your router also functions as your LAN's DHCP server.  You might check if it has the capability of reserving and assigning dynamic addresses based on the MAC address of the requester.  That's what I do here.  (My OBi200 is set up to always be assigned 192.168.xxx.200 and the 202 always gets .202.)  Although some of the big stuff on my LAN is static, for semi-portable items like the OBis, I find keeping them dynamic, but locking in the IP address assigned them by the DHCP server, works best.
I'm not convinced that will solve the OP's problem.  Which is that the OBi's don't get any IP address until they are power cycled.  But no harm in trying it.