News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding SIP as third line on Obi 110

Started by classpro, January 01, 2017, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classpro

My Obi 110 is currently set up with 2 google voice accounts. 

I would like to add a sip account as a third account for calling so that I can type **3 before the number and it will use SIP with my work caller id. 

Can a 3rd (sip not GV) account be added to the Obi 110, and can I do it with the Obi advanced setup or do I have to use the obi device's web interface?

drgeoff

The OBi110 can only have 2 accounts registered on it.  Any combination of GV or SIP but total is 2.

There are some workarounds which may be of use to you.

1. If you only need the SIP account for outbound calls and the SIP service provider does not require registration to make calls, then you can use a Voice Gateway.  If you do need to have incoming calls on the additional SIP then put it on one of the two SPs.  Pay the $5 or so one-off fee to Simonics  and use his gateway to make GV calls on the displaced number from the VoiceGateway on the OBi110.  Forward the incoming GV calls to the number on the SIP account.

2. Instead of using a VoiceGateway you can effectively expand the number of SIP accounts on the OBi110 by getting a free account at pbxes.org. You can have up to 5 SIP accounts at pbxes.org.  Register one of the OBi110's SP slots as an extension at pbxes.org. Again you would need to use Simonics to "convert" one of the GVs to SIP. 

NoelB

Quote from: drgeoff on January 01, 2017, 02:15:38 PM
The OBi110 can only have 2 accounts registered on it.  Any combination of GV or SIP but total is 2.

1. If you only need the SIP account for outbound calls and the SIP service provider does not require registration to make calls, then you can use a Voice Gateway. 

VG needs to borrow the sip client of either sp1 or sp2 for an invite but they are both setup as GV so dont think this will work . I use VG on an obi110 but dont use GV so cant test .

drgeoff

Quote from: NoelB on January 01, 2017, 03:48:51 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on January 01, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

1. If you only need the SIP account for outbound calls and the SIP service provider does not require registration to make calls, then you can use a Voice Gateway. 

VG needs to borrow the sip client of either sp1 or sp2 for an invite but they are both setup as GV so dont think this will work .
Correct. Use Simonics to handle one of the GVs.  Its slot then becomes SIP and can be borrowed for the VoiceGateway.

classpro

Thanks for the answer. 

I had another thought.  The Obi 110 has a pots connection for a regular analog phone line.  I have an old sip adapter somewhere.  If I set that up to call through my sip connection, and plug the Obi pots connector to the sip adapter, would I be able to make calls over sip by pressing **3 or something on my phone?

azrobert

That should work. "**8" is the default on the OBi110 to route calls to the Line port.

Edit:
See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10186.0