News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

A STRANGE SOUND DISTORTS MY INTERNATIONAL CALLS ON MY OBi200

Started by Suleman, January 02, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suleman

Complements of the seasons everyone. I wish you all a prosperous year 2017.

I am new to OBiTalk and right now i am experiencing a strange sound when i make international calls.

The strange sound "ONLY" occurs when I call-in from my mobile phone to make International calls via my Home Phone Line connected to my OBiLine which is connected to my OBi200. When this strange sound occurs while i am making international calls, it stops me from hearing what the person i am talking to on the line is saying.

The person on the line do not hear the strange sound! I know this because when the sound stops and i ask the person i am talking too, the say they weren't hearing me and that the line was silent! Most times the strange sound is intermittent; it keeps sounding on and off in the international calls i make such that me and the person on the line keep missing what we saying to each other.

However, when i make international phone calls from the telephone box connected directly to my Obi200, I do not experience the strange sound! Equally, when I call-in from my mobile phone to make Local or Long distance calls, I do not also experience the strange sound.

MY OBiTALK SETUP IS AS FOLLOWS:

I have a Google Voice phone number. It is configured on my OBi200 and serves as my only call-in number which, when called forwards all incoming calls to my Home Phone Line number that is connected to my OBiLine and my Obi200 Auto attendant answers the calls.

My OBiLine (through my Home Phone Line) is configured as the default line for outgoing calls, so, when Obi attendant picks the call, all I do is dial 2, followed by the number I want to call followed by the # key.

SPI on my OBi200 is configured to use my SiP account from a VoIP service provider. When i call in from my mobile phone and use SP1 to make calls; Local, Long Distance and International, i do not experience the strange sound!

SP2 on my OBi200 is configured with Google Voice.

I will appreciate it if you all can help resolve this issue so I can achieve the purpose for which I bought the Obi200 and OniLine which is to dial-in to use my Home Phone Line to call my Daughter in Nigeria and my Cousin in United Kingdom because most of the time, i am not at home.

Thank you all in anticipation of your help.