News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Soft click on physical box normal?

Started by VanSo, January 06, 2017, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanSo

Brand new to the Obi202. I've got everything setup and working, calls go through, etc. I notice that each time I pick up the phone or the phone rings the physical Obi202 box has a slight clicking sound. I've never had that on previous ATAs from other companies. Just wanted to check if that is normal behaviour for the Obi202, or if I need to replace it?

Thank you!

BigJim_McD

Quote from: VanSo on January 06, 2017, 09:05:26 AM
Brand new to the Obi202. I've got everything setup and working, calls go through, etc. I notice that each time I pick up the phone or the phone rings the physical Obi202 box has a slight clicking sound. I've never had that on previous ATAs from other companies. Just wanted to check if that is normal behaviour for the Obi202, or if I need to replace it?

Thank you!

VanSo,  I have two Obi202's and one Obi200's and I don't hear any clicking sound when I pick up a phone or when the phone starts ringing.  I put by ear next to the boxes while testing for any Clicking. 

My Obi devices were obtained between March 2013 and Aug 2015 so it's possible that your Obi202 may have revised hardware.
BigJimMcD

VanSo

Thank you so much for checking on this, BigJim!

Based on your thoughtful feedback I RMAed the box and got a new one. It doesn't click. It clearly was a faulty one. Glad I asked, and that you were able to check for me. So helpful!

I hope I can return the favour one day!