News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Notify not working

Started by dwestall, January 06, 2017, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwestall

Is the new OBi Notify working for anyone? I've tried to test it and it's not working for me. https://www.obitalk.com/info/premiumsupport

I have a OBi200 and I confirmed my Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support shows good through Jun 2017
I have the latest firmware build: 5463EX
I checked "Enable OBi Notify" on the Device Config page
Not sure if it's necessary, but in OBiEXTRAs/Settings I entered both my Email and Phone Number for Notifications
To test, I disabled the OBi's internet connection on my router, and verified the device status shows "Offline" in the OBi Dashboard

I've tested it a few times over the last week and never received a notification. I even checked my junk mail but nothing.

Thanks.

SteveInWA

Yah, it doesn't work for me, either.  I contacted Obihai, and they're aware of the issue and working on it.  That's all I know as of today.

SteveInWA

Please try testing it again; Obihai made an update.  A valid test would be to unplug the OBi during some time (like bedtime) when you don't care if it works, and let it stay unplugged for an hour.  See if you get notified.

SteveInWA

See the attachment for a sample of what the notification looks like.  This was sent to the email address I specified on the OBiTALK web portal.  I obscured my OBi number.

dwestall

Yes, it works now. Thanks for the follow-up. This is a nice feature.