News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message says log into obitalk and configure your device.

Started by Lizzie, January 07, 2017, 01:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie

At some point not receiving incoming calls. I had changed google password.  Now I am told to configure my device whenever I try to dial anything. How to configure?  Shall I start from scratch? Erase, delete myself.  ???

SteveInWA

Open your web browser.  Sign into your correct Google Voice account and go to this page:

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Confirm that you see the exact two words "Your number" on the left side of the page, and underneath that, is your inbound Google Voice number.  If you don't see this, then you are signed into the wrong Google account.  If you do see it, then leave that browser tab open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab.

Log into your OBiTALK dashboard.  Click the OBi device.  Click the SP that is configured to use Google Voice.  Click the link to replace your Google account credentials.  See below.

Lizzie

There is no SP displayed. It has a circle that means offline.  How to I configure an SP onto the dashboard?

SteveInWA

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Log onto the OBiTALK dashboard:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Under "My OBi Devices", you should see an entry for your OBi device.  Do you?  If not, click the "Add Device" link on that page and add it.  If you DO see your device, then click it to configure the service provider (SPx) you want to use for Google Voice.

SteveInWA

Or, do you mean that you DO see your OBi on the dashboard, but instead of a green dot next to it, it has a grey dot and the red word "Offline?

If it says "Offline", then you have a hardware or network problem.  Pick up the phone plugged into the OBi.  Do you get a dial tone?  If so, key in ***1.  What do you hear?

Lizzie

After dialing ###1 I hear 'no service configured error, please log into obitalk and configure your device.  On the dashboard I see under device 'obion softphone, obi number and grey circle.

drgeoff

Quote from: Lizzie on January 08, 2017, 07:59:56 AM
After dialing ###1 I hear 'no service configured error, please log into obitalk and configure your device.  On the dashboard I see under device 'obion softphone, obi number and grey circle.
###1 is NOT what you were told to dial.

Lizzie

Okay, ***1 tells me goole voice seervice error. If you have changed your google password log into obi and change it there. Been there done that.

SteveInWA

No, that is not what pressing ***1 will say.  It will either read back your device's IP address, or it will tell you there is no service.

What, EXACTLY, does it say?

LTN1

Quote from: Lizzie on January 08, 2017, 08:29:42 AM
Been there done that.

When a forum member like Steve is attempting to help you troubleshoot, don't assume that you have done something right even if you think you have done it numerous times. Sometimes things get lost in translation between what the brain sees and what is actually being done.

You could have thought you "done dat..." but sometimes, you could have "done dat wrong." Even if you didn't do it wrong, knock off the "Been there done that" arrogant bullsh!t and actually follow the troubleshooting both in detail and respond with some appreciation.

Razmear

Hi, similar issue here, started today.
My status says Offline. Hitting ***1 says my IP is not configured.
I've had this OBI 100 running for about 4 years with almost no issues, just got the EOL notification letter, hoping this isn't a ploy to get me to buy a fresh unit.
Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?
(Just got home from work and the wife told the phone ain't working, just starting to work the problem)
Thanks for any ideas,
eb

Razmear

Disregard :)
The Obi is on a separate hub from the rest of my network and the cat managed to unplug that switch disconnecting the Obi from the network.
All is better now, still glad I learned the ***1 trick.

Quote from: Razmear on January 08, 2017, 09:38:57 PM
Hi, similar issue here, started today.
My status says Offline. Hitting ***1 says my IP is not configured.
I've had this OBI 100 running for about 4 years with almost no issues, just got the EOL notification letter, hoping this isn't a ploy to get me to buy a fresh unit.
Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?
(Just got home from work and the wife told the phone ain't working, just starting to work the problem)
Thanks for any ideas,
eb