News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how can I get my cell phone AND my home phone to ring

Started by sgarr, December 17, 2011, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgarr

Hi

I just received and set up the obi110 to work with GoogleVoice.  Incoming calls to my home phone rings.  Also, I can call out.

I'd like it if I could set things up so BOTH my home phone and cell phone rings.  If I set up GV to forward to my cell phone, the home phone no longer rings. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: sgarr on December 17, 2011, 12:57:32 PM
I'd like it if I could set things up so BOTH my home phone and cell phone rings.  If I set up GV to forward to my cell phone, the home phone no longer rings. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Checking the Google Chat forwarding phone in your Google Voice account should ring the OBi.

Checking your cell phone forwarding phone in your Google Voice account should ring your cell phone.

These should be separate settings which can be used in any combination.

sgarr

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I thought I had done exactly that earlier.  I did it again and it worked.

Now I'd like to find how you can set up Bing 411 as the default information client.  Do you know how that's done?

Anyway, mucho thanks

Stefan Garr

RonR

Quote from: sgarr on December 17, 2011, 03:09:33 PM
Now I'd like to find how you can set up Bing 411 as the default information client.  Do you know how that's done?

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<411:18002464411>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

sgarr

Quote from: RonR on December 17, 2011, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: sgarr on December 17, 2011, 03:09:33 PM

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<411:18002464411>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Hi

Where do I find Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:  ??

RonR

Quote from: sgarr on December 17, 2011, 08:45:48 PM
Where do I find Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:  ??

Either use the OBiTALK Web Portal (OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)) or log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and navigate using the tree on the left-hand side of the screen.

If you elect to configure the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled