News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When bridging incoming call from line to SP no callerid

Started by rjdyck, January 13, 2017, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjdyck

I had luck with my outgoing PSTN calls on this forum so I hope to get help with the incoming calls from the PSTN.
More specifically I want to bridge the incoming call on the line port to a SP and provide the callerid of the caller not the callerid of the outgoing SP.

The call from the PSTN is successfully bridged to my softphone via the Obi and the service provider. The callerid received by the softphone however is the ID the Obi's SP user.

The manual says to set the incoming route to SP1($1>target) where target is a user name on SP1. I know the Obi received the callerid because I see it in the call history. The SIP INVITE contains the header "Remote-Party-ID: <sip:2@192.168.1.1>;party=calling;privacy=off" which should a 10 digit number not the user name of the SP1.

Searching on google I found suggestions such as (ui=$1>target) and (ui=$1;target). Neither worked.

Edit: Some more googling lead me to the "X spoof callerid" paramter. Enabling that was all that was required. If you combine that with the other things I tried on the incoming route it just results it showing literally in the callerid such as ui=$1

azrobert

Assuming your softphone is registered to provider.com with userid rjdyck.
You would route the call to spx(rjdyck@provider.com)

Then in Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
SPx must be enabled and defined as SIP
CNAM and CallerID will be passed to the softphone

A 2nd method without X_SpoofCallerID
spx(rjdyck@provider.com;ui=$1)
Only the CallerID will be passed to the softphone.

There is no need to register the OBi to provider.com.

Edit:
Some providers like Sip2Sip won't accept the 2nd method.