News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI302 and Vodavi help and instalation

Started by jsimpson, January 15, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsimpson

Ok so I just bought an obi302 for PTSN pass thru to a remote location using a OBI202 at the remote location. Well I had it all tested and working on an analog home phone sevice. I then moved it to where I was going to help my step-mother out. Well it ended up being a Vodavi XTS system I believe on a RJ11 jack. The phone wouldn't come on and I couldn't get the OBI302 to receive the call on any other available  RJ11 wall jack. I also tried the PTSN adapter and both of the other RJ11 jacks on the OBI302.
I have also searched the Vodavi manual for info and settings for something that might help but no luck.

I Searched thousands of postings in the forum before asking for help.

PLEASE AND THANKYOU ANY HELP IS SERIOUSLY ACCEPTED GRACIOUSLY.

SteveInWA

That looks to me like an old (obsolete, discontinued), proprietary phone system.  Just a guess, but it probably uses some sort of digital communications over those phone cords, not standard analog telephone signals.  These were popular in hotels some years ago, one reason being that the phones were useless if stolen.  Is this some sort of senior/assisted living community with a centralized phone system?

Hopefully, you didn't fry your OBi equipment from plugging it into that system.  Just because it has the same shape and size jacks doesn't mean it it is POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service).  And, by the way, the term is PSTN, for Public Switched Telephone Network, not PTSN.

jsimpson

No it is so she could telecommute as a secretary/office manager of some sort for a small business but after some research it uses the Red as Digital Ring and green as Digital TIP and black as SLT port (ring) yellow as SLT port TIP.