News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Attendant

Started by ethersurfer, January 16, 2017, 07:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethersurfer

I've been using Obitalk for years. Never had any problems with getting the Attendant on Trusted Number calls.
Since about 2 weeks ago - when calling from any of my trusted numbers to all my Obi's ( I have 8...) I get no attendant - just a ring thru to the number.
I have 4 110's across the globe - all worked perfectly. Now cannot get Option 2 to dial out to local PSTN.
Went thru the complete search/faq/forum routine and found no answers.
Can anyone help?

drgeoff

Hopefully those 110s have been configured using the portal and do not have Obitalk provisioning disabled.  If yes, check.

1.  That their InboundCallRoutes still have the expected setting.
2.  That their Call Histories show the calling numbers to be as you expect.

ethersurfer

Not only on 110's, also 100's and 200's.
As if trusted circle list is gone (but it's still there in the portal...).
Always provision thru Obitalk...never go into advanced settings.
Where do I find the inbound caller route setting - to check as you suggest.
Thanks!

drgeoff

You need to use the portal's Expert mode to see the InboundCallRoute.

Call History is only available when logging in locally, not via the portal.

ethersurfer

Used the expert mode->Voice Services->SP1 Service (the one I use...)->InboundCallRoute and all my trusted numbers appear there. But there's a red exclamation mark next to the field. Checked the same on all my registered Obitalk units and all are the same.

drgeoff

Quote from: ethersurfer on January 16, 2017, 12:41:06 PM
Used the expert mode->Voice Services->SP1 Service (the one I use...)->InboundCallRoute and all my trusted numbers appear there. But there's a red exclamation mark next to the field. Checked the same on all my registered Obitalk units and all are the same.
The red exclamation marks merely mean that the values have been changed from their defaults.  Perfectly normal.

azrobert

How are you calling the OBi110? Are you calling the phone number associated with SP1 or are you calling over the OBiTalk network by dialing **9 followed by the OBi number of the OBi110? If you are using the OBiTalk network the InboundCallRoute is found here:
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute

You should find a rule something like:
{(111111111|222222222):aa}

Where 111111111 and 222222222 are OBi numbers.

ethersurfer

I'm using SP1, my good old GV number that's always been associated with that particular Obi unit.
And the "no attendant" issue is across platforms - not just the 110's, I have 3 Obi 200's and a few Obi 100's - all set up on my Obitalk dashboard and all sharing the same obitalk account. If i dial each one's GV number the call just passes thru and rings w/o going thru the attendant like it always used to.
I have a few setup with family here and a few with family in Europe - I asked everyone to reset their units (unplug + count to 10...) but the issue is still there.
Azrobert's question re dialing the Obitalk number gave me an idea to see if the attendant works via that route - and it does. So...If I dial the SP1 numbers - all GV's - no attendant. If I dial the Obi number - it's there.
And checking the Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute = all Obi numbers are there. SP1 Service all GV numbers are there...

drgeoff

The above suggests that the receiving OBis are not seeing the GV number(s) that are in their SP1 (or whatever SPx) InboundCallRoutes.

Can you get one of the receiving sites to tell you what number the call from you appears to come from when it rings their phone instead of going to the AA?  Either by way of a phone that shows CLI or by looking at the Call History.

ethersurfer

The receiving obi's see the inbound number that is also listed in the trusted circle.
btw - the numbers in the trusted list are not necessarily gv numbers.
i've been calling all my obi's from verizon numbers, that are in the trusted list and always getting the attendant.
that suddenly stopped.

azrobert

What happens when you call from a non-Verizon number?
Post your SP1 inbound route. Modify any number you want to keep private.