News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question: How to Associate Ring Pattern to Service Provide (SPx)?

Started by chilirock, January 16, 2017, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilirock

I can see that there are 10 different Ring Patterns for each Ring Profile under Ring Settings>Ring Profile (A/B)>Ring Pattern (1-10). I also see that you can associate the Ring Profile with the Voice Service using Voice Service>SPx Service>X_RingProfile. How do you associate the individual Ring Pattern for each SP for distinctive rings?

Also, I noticed that when I setup my to Service Provides via ObiTalk, the portal assigned X_RingProfile = A for one SP (Google Voice) and X_RingProfile = B for another SP (CallCentric). Should I select "A" for both since I live in the US? Does assigning the Ring Profile also assign the corresponding Tone Profile at the same time?

Thanks for your help

azrobert

The ring pattern is set by X_DefaultRing in the SPx Service.

You can use any Ring Profile you want. All SPx Services on my OBi110 and OBi200 have a default of Ring Profile A. Did you use a wizard to setup Callcentric? Maybe the Ring Profile was changed during setup.

Some tones are included in the Ring Profile. The Tone Profile is set in the Phone Port under Physical Interfaces.

chilirock

Thanks @azrobert,

Quote from: azrobert on January 16, 2017, 07:35:00 PM
The ring pattern is set by X_DefaultRing in the SPx Service.

I don't know why I didn't notice that parameter. I was looking for something like "Ring Pattern"

You can use any Ring Profile you want. All SPx Services on my OBi110 and OBi200 have a default of Ring Profile A. Did you use a wizard to setup Callcentric? Maybe the Ring Profile was changed during setup.

I used the ObiTalk portal provider wizard to setup both Google Voice and CallCentric and that's how it defaulted the profiles. Ok, I  changed my SP's to X_RingProfile=A and X_CodecProfile=A, (SP1 was set to A/A but SP2 was set to B/B).

Some tones are included in the Ring Profile. The Tone Profile is set in the Phone Port under Physical Interfaces.

Thanks, I didn't realize that the Tone Profile was assigned under Physical Interfaces. I had assumed it was set with the Ring Profile under Voice Services.

Thanks again