News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Jabra PRO 9470 Setup?

Started by ckelsoe, January 19, 2017, 10:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckelsoe

Hi - I am trying to get a Jabra PRO 9470 with the OBiEHS kit to connect to an OBi1062. I have set the Electronic Hook Switch setting to Jabra DHSG in the phone preferences. However, I am unsuccessful in getting the connection to take place between the phone and headset. Documentation seems to not exist.

Any help is appreciated.

SteveInWA

Hi:

I was the beta tester for that setup, and I have the same headset.  For some unknown reason the automatic setup procedure on the Jabra base station doesn't work.  If you instead use the manual procedure, and select the first choice for "clear dial tone" (A), then it'll work.  You can adjust the headset's transmit volume by starting with the middle setting (5) and then calling a patient friend, talk to him/her, and tweak the transmit (mic) volume up and down.

Just a reminder of the standard "newbie" error:  use the OBiTALK web portal in "Expert" mode to make these changes, not the phone's local web page.  The portal will overwrite the settings made on the local web page.  To change a parameter from default, you need to remove the check marks from both check boxes to the right of the parameter.  I've attached the settings that work well for me.  I have a slight hearing loss, so it might be a bit too loud for you.

ckelsoe

Thanks. The issue was you have to buy two $40 cables to get this to work. Headset connectivity is very expensive with this product.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ckelsoe on January 20, 2017, 03:55:54 PM
Thanks. The issue was you have to buy two $40 cables to get this to work. Headset connectivity is very expensive with this product.

I thought you already bought it, and you are trying to set it up?

ckelsoe

I purchased the OBI cable. A second Jabra cable also has to be purchased. That was what I was missing. Call quality on the headset is very bad so I am going to have to figure that out.

SteveInWA

Call quality is bad, because you need to calibrate the headset to match the phone.  However it is set up now is probably overdriving the amplifier in either the phone or the headset base.

Use the OBi settings from my screenshot above, and then go through the manual setup mode on the Jabra headset's base station touch screen:

• Touch the wrench to get into Settings.
  • Select Phone Settings (it isn't intuitive; don't select headset settings).
  • Select Desk Phone and touch "Confirm".
  • Scroll down and select Manual, not Guided setup
  • Scroll way down and select None for the handset lifter, or DHSG if you get the EHS cable.
  • Select "A" on the Clear dial tone screen.
  • Select "8" for the Microphone level.
  • Touch the > and then the X to finish and the base will reboot.
  • Done!

JabraUser

I purchased the OBiEHS kit and the Jabra LINK 14201-10. Followed your instructions but not able to get the Jabra Pro to open the line when I clicked the phone button. Did you have a similar experience?

SteveInWA

Quote from: JabraUser on April 20, 2017, 02:23:01 PM
I purchased the OBiEHS kit and the Jabra LINK 14201-10. Followed your instructions but not able to get the Jabra Pro to open the line when I clicked the phone button. Did you have a similar experience?

See this discussion, starting at the linked post, and reading down.  Follow all the instructions carefully.  It's tricky, but it does work.

JabraUser

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 20, 2017, 02:26:23 PM
Quote from: JabraUser on April 20, 2017, 02:23:01 PM

See this discussion, starting at the linked post, and reading down.  Follow all the instructions carefully.  It's tricky, but it does work.

When I select "None" for the handset lifter, I can manually use the headset to the phone. But I have the EHS cable and it doesn't connect to the phone when I press either the phone's headset button or the headset's button. Any other thoughts?

SteveInWA

You are not reading the linked discussion.  There are a lot of settings you need to change, on both the OBi phone, and on the Jabra PRO's touch-screen base station.  You MUST tell the headset to use DHSG/EHS, and you MUST tell the OBi phone the same thing, via the OBiTALK web portal.  It's all spelled out in great detail in the other thread.

JabraUser

Are you referring to the discussion above as the linked discussion? I'm following all those directions.

Please let me know if there is another discussion on this topic somewhere else in the forum.

SteveInWA

Also, your photos don't show the cables coming out of the back of the headset base?  See the wiring diagram in the linked discussion.