News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I set up to handle a number by effectively answering and pushing a button?

Started by JoeObi, January 26, 2017, 02:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeObi

I'd like my Obi202 to react to calls incoming from a particular number by picking up and pushing a button. Ideally, I'd also like to insert a pause where I have an opportunity to answer the call manually (or context, this is for use with an intercom system that I have an entirely robotic interaction with now).

After digging through the documentation on the auto-attendant and inboundcallroute functions, I feel like this functionality is probably there, but I'm not sure how to go about implementing it. So a little hand-holding would be appreciated, if I'm barking up a valid tree here.

To be exact, here's what I'd like the machine to do:

-Call comes in from XXX-XXX-XXXX
-Obi waits for X seconds (connected phone rings like normal).
-Obi answers
-Obi waits X seconds (just in case I need to give the intercom a pause to connect properly)
-Obi inputs "9" as if on a keypad.
-End call

Alternately, if this is beyond Obi's scope but the fact that this is a GV number gives me some other handy recourse, I'd be happy for any related tips.

drgeoff

An OBi can recognise a call coming from a specific number (or small list of numbers).

The AA can answer such an incoming call but AFAIK a specific delay cannot be set.

AFAIK the OBi is not able to then send a digit.

HOWEVER there is a possible workaround to the above two negatives.  The inbuilt AA prompts can be substituted with customised messages. So make a customised message which consists of a suitable length of silence followed by the DTMF tone pair corresponding to '9' (or whatever number is desired).

The AA will hangup the call if it does not receive a suitable response from the caller.

JoeObi

Thanks for the reply. I had this partially set up through the Obi like you initially said (as a custom message replacing the Welcome message) when it occurred to me that I could do this similarly as a custom voicemail on the GV end, and in some ways that's better for my needs. Less fiddling with the delay sequences, now it's just the default if no answer.

The most finicky part of the whole thing was getting the tone to record, that took a few tries before it was more than a crackle on playback, both feeding it into the Obi through a handset and doing GV's call and record setup.

Seems to be working after a few test runs, so thanks again.