News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to configure e911 from Bulkvs.com

Started by saliva, January 29, 2017, 01:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saliva

Howdy,

A complete newb here to all-things SIP (except sipping on that day-old Slurpee). Anyway, I signed up (and paid) for e911 with Bulkvs.com, and needless to say, that was about the easiest part. After that, I was given this convoluted setup INSTRUCTION, which I'm still questioning whether it's written in English. I paste it here verbatim for your viewing pleasure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interconnection Guide:

Add the IP address of your Softswitch or PBX to SIP Hosts under 911 Dashboard

Send calls to 911@sip.bulkvs.com

SRV record is present and recommended
E911 SIP Peers in case SRV is not supported:
UDP Port: 5060

To verify address as currently in 911 DB, call 922@sip.bulkvs.com
Any call from a number not added to E911 DB will be Rejected with SIP 503
Ensure that the Caller ID is set to one of following formats:
10 Digits, ex: "3109060901"
11 Digits, ex: "13109060901"
E.164, ex: "+13109060901"
Caller ID in any other format will be rejected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, here's where I stand as far as configuring Obi with my limited understanding:

1) I input "sip.bulkvs.com" as Service Provider Proxy Server and "5060" for Proxy Server Port.

2) I leave Outbound Proxy and Port blank.

3) Obi then spits out an error: "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized" (Back to square 1, ya fool!)

BTW, how do I call "911@sip.bulkvs.com" on Obi202?

Any help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

Under Voice Services, SPx (where x is 1 to 4 depending which one you are using), under SIP Credentials you need to put AuthUserName and AuthPassword.  You get those from Bulkvs. When the 202 has rebooted check if it has registered.  When configured properly, including dial plan, you just dial 911 from the phone plugged in to the OBi.

azrobert

You need to turn on SRV support in your OBi.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix: Checked

Alternately you can use one of the IP addresses you listed as Proxy address, but if they change the server address it will stop working.

lrtuk

What did you have to finally do to get Bulk911 to work on your OBI?

SteveInWA

Why anyone would waste their time and risk the availability of their 911 service with that dubious website is beyond me.  In life-threatening situations, is saving a few dollars a year worth it?

Use Callcentric or Anveo for E911 service.