News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hold and Transfer Incoming Calls

Started by timbergetter, January 31, 2017, 06:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbergetter

I have two OBis, a 110 in the house and a 202 in my workshop.  These are both cabled on the same LAN.  I have set things up so that all phones ring on an incoming call and any phone can answer the call.  Each OBi has its own SIP extension at my VSP.  This all works as far as it goes but I am keen to extend the functionality.

I am hoping to have the ability to receive calls at the house, put the call on hold while I alert the workshop, and ultimately transfer the call to the workshop.  I would also want the same functionality from workshop to house.  What infrastructure would be required to achieve this result? 

azrobert

Press Flash on the phone.
This will put the call on hold and you will get a dial tone.
Dial the extension number of the other OBi.
When the call is answered hang up to transfer the call or press flash for a 3-way.

NoelB

Quote from: azrobert on January 31, 2017, 10:18:04 PM
Press Flash on the phone.
This will put the call on hold and you will get a dial tone.
Dial the extension number of the other OBi.
When the call is answered hang up to transfer the call or press flash for a 3-way.

I might not have understood the question properly but wouldn't this be forcing the transfer back to the service provider. I was thinking it could be done across the lan using X_UseRefer and VGs targetting each obi.
I have not tried this so it may not work.

timbergetter

Many thanks azrobert.  This all works just as you indicate.  The only wrinkle is when the house phone picks up a call.  In this case the workshop phone continues to ring for a further 8 seconds and then stops.  If the workshop phone is picked up during this 8 seconds, a dial tone is heard.  If the workshop answers an incoming call the house phone stops ringing immediately.  I think I can live with this.