News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Answer me these questions 3 :)

Started by johnboyis, February 02, 2017, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnboyis

1.  I just set up my new OBi202 with my GV number.  Immediately before the phone rings the OBi202 makes a soft squeal noise.  It almost sounds like a broken hard drive.  I'm wondering if this is a normal sound the device makes, or if I should be concerned about it being defective.

---

2.  When I put a call on hold (the hold button on my phone handset) after three minutes it disconnects the call.  Coming from a POTS line where this didn't happen, I could have the call on hold indefinitely.  Could this be an issue with the OBI202, or the new google voice number I have set up on the 202?

---

3.  Can I increase my outgoing volume?  Since the switch from POTS line to OBI202+GV, people I talk to say I sound very quiet.  I'd like to talk normal instead of raising my voice.

Dranon2

Wish I could totally help you.
The squeel is NOT normal. I have 4 obi devices NONE make any kind of noise at all.

Mine disconnects after being on hold also. I believe this is a google voice effect (defect)

Its probably your phone quipment.

restamp

Regarding (1), I agree withDranon2:  I've never experienced any sounds from my OBi boxes per se, and when my monitors have started squealing (when initially powered on) it generally has meant that they were on the verge of failing.

With regard to (3), you can vary the FXS gain a few dBs:  From Expert Mode on the obitalk.com website (or the built-in OBi web server if you don't use obitalk.com to configure your device), go to Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> ChannelRXGain and change the gain to '6' (the maximum gain), or whatever provides the most appropriate volume level with your equipment.

johnboyis

Thank you, I'll mess with the RXGain when I return home!

MarkNY

Re: 3)
I have the same issue. I did increase ChannelRXGain to 6 and got some improvement but not enough to say that my voice volume on the other end is good enough. I had OBi support case, they didnt help at all. I'm completely lost.

azrobert

See attachment from the Admin Guide