News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200, 3rd Device With No Dial Tone

Started by Pirate, February 14, 2017, 08:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate

Had my first one up and running for a few months.  No issues.  Then all the sudden no dial tone.  All lights green.

Bought a new one, had it up and running for 3 weeks, then no dial tone.  All lights green.

Sent it back couple of weeks ago and received a new one last week.  Had it all up and running fine then this morning, no dial tone.  All lights green.

What can be happening?  Any ideas?  Thanks.

drgeoff

Is the phone plugged directly into the OBi200 or do you have the phone plugged into house wiring and the OBi200 connected to house wiring?

If the latter you probably have not properly disconnected a telco line from the house wiring and the telco line is introducing voltages into the PHONE port of the OBi200s and frying them.

If the former and the phone (or base station or fax or whatever) is mains powered, it may be faulty and leaking voltage into the OBi200s and frying them.

Or do the failures occur during thunderstorms?

Pirate

Output goes out to telco box.  I did disconnect the line out there but perhaps I should measure the lines to see if any voltages present?

No storms happened to correlate with outages.

What should I be measuring if I do check the lines?