News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

call blocking

Started by artgriff, July 18, 2016, 01:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgriff

Thank you for your help. I am wondering if there is a way to setup call blocking using the Obi202. I have  phone power as my SP 1, but do not get the option to block a call. I thought about the ObiExtras but that is too much to pay just to block calls. The other ObiExtras are not of any use to me. So I want to setup call blocking with the call just being disconnected or telling the person I don't want their calls and don't bother me again ;D .

Thanks again for your help.

Taoman

Quote from: artgriff on July 18, 2016, 01:33:55 PM
I have  phone power as my SP 1, but do not get the option to block a call.

Unless things have changed, you can block calls on PhonePower from your call history page.

Mango

This article I wrote may be helpful: https://toao.net/503

artgriff

Thank you to everyone who wrote to help me. I did find the problem with Phone Power, I was using their new ICM (incoming call manager) which doesn't give the option to block calls on the call log/history. When I switched back to the old call manager the block button reappeared. This is the way I remember it from Phone Power ( I was with them before I purchased my Obi202). I was thinking that using the Obi202 w/Phone Power that maybe I couldn't block calls. Hopefully, you will be able to pass this information on to anyone else who might run across this problem.
Thanks again for your help with this issue.

dima

Quote from: Mango on July 18, 2016, 02:39:56 PM
This article I wrote may be helpful: https://toao.net/503
Thank you for the article. It is very useful. I've configured it and it does its job, i.e. my phone doesn't ring. But the issue is I forward all unanswered calls after 3-4 rings to my cellphone and I don't want to get a telemarketers call on my cell either. Is there way to silently drop the call that matches certain number(s)/pattern ? or is there anything else that people are doing to prevent those calls to get thru? I'm using FreePhoneLine VOIP service in Canada. Thanks.

azrobert

You need to answer the call instead of routing it to nowhere. If you're not using the Auto Attendant, you can use it.

InboundCallRoute: {(MTelemarketers)|?:aa},{ph}

Disable the AA functions:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant
DigitMap: (AA)
MenuTitle: &pause()
Menu: &pause()

Alternately, you can use NoMoRobo
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8802.0

tf.callwithus doesn't work anymore. I use tf.arctele.com.

artgriff

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question.

As I stated I have Phone Power for my SP, I have used the 50 number blocking that comes Phone Power and they do not sell more blocking slots. I want to be able to block any number that comes in, in my area all the telemarketers use cell phone numbers or a number that comes in as caller ID of a state. So I can't use anything that will stop robo calls. I am getting 1-20 calls a day from various foreign sounding people from online pharmacies, and other companies. So I need to block unlimited numbers.

I am considering the Obi-extras but don't know if it will do what I want.
Thanks again for any suggestions you have. 

Rick

One option is to never answer the phone when a caller is not known to you.   ;)