News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how can I find a sip provider with a local DID for Nicaragua in central America?

Started by normanc, July 16, 2013, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normanc

Hello Everyone!
I was wondering if there is a website to find a sip provider with a local DiD in Nicaragua, Central America?

CoalMinerRetired

I'm gonna guess the question is really asking about a BYOD provider since the question is posted here on an Obi forum.  

That being so, I notice the major BYOD providers used here -- Anveo, CallCentric, VoIP.ms -- do not show Nicaragua on their list of DID countries.

In the list dircom linked to, I see only one provider than shows BYOD devices, but their website is in Spanish so I couldn't poke around any further.  

A note to normanc, look at nic2globe in the above list, see where it shows "Equipment:" and lists Cisco Systems, Grandstream, Sipura.  That's sign they probably allow you to use your own equipment (Bring Your Own Device), all three are providers of devices similar to the Obi devices, with the big exception being the devices do not do GV.

You also might have better luck finding a provider on the BroadBandReports VoIP Chat forum.

hwittenb

Nicaragua doesn't seem to be on the voip radar, and terminating calls to the country certainly looks relatively expensive.

A google search turned up this Miami company that says they will give you a local Nicaragua number and forward calls to that number to any phone number in the U.S. for the minimum cost of $14.95/month for 500 minutes.
http://www.mi505.com/

That's not quite the same as a DID in that the Miami company controls the delivery of the call to your number and you still need a U.S. DID or local number.

carl

Switch2voip seems to provide Nicaragua DIDs for $ 7/month.

If it is of any help, Voxbeam provides DIDs for all neighboring countries- Guatemala, el Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica and panama.

almightySR

Hello Norman,

Were you able to find anyone who would assign a number for free?

Thanks,
Sergio.