News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Replacing OBI100 with OBI200 leads to PhonePower problem

Started by JonathanS, February 23, 2017, 07:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonathanS

I dutifully followed the advice of replacing the OBI100 with the OBI200 but now I can't get my existing PhonePower service to work.  The "Resync My Device" function ends in error "There was a problem resyncing your device" when I  go the route of trying  to restore an existing account.  But if I choose to setup PhonePower from the list of approved providers it ends up with a registration error or failed credentials even though I am using the correct user name and password.

After 30 minutes on hold with PhonePower, no resolution.  Help! I advise any existing OBI100 users to stay put regardless of support ending until OBI and PhonePower resolve this apparent inability to resync services.

Taoman

Quote from: JonathanS on February 23, 2017, 07:40:33 AM
But if I choose to setup PhonePower from the list of approved providers it ends up with a registration error or failed credentials even though I am using the correct user name and password.

What exactly do you mean by "correct user name and password?" Are you talking about the user name and password you use to logon to the PhonePower web portal?

JonathanS

Yes, I was referring to the PhonePower user ID and password, although I have also used the PhonePower assigned number as well. PhonePower has auto provisioning for Obi that does not have BYOD SIP credentials.  If a user chooses to create SIP credentials, they are warned that their configuration will not be supported, so I'm trying to avoid going down that path.  It appears that the auto provisioning/linking/resync connection between PhonePower and ObiTalk is broken.

Taoman

Quote from: JonathanS on February 23, 2017, 08:14:37 AM
If a user chooses to create SIP credentials, they are warned that their configuration will not be supported, so I'm trying to avoid going down that path.
Yes, that's my point. If you can't get the "resync" to work and you add PhonePower just like you would any other service provider you must use your SIP credentials. Using your PP logon user name and password will never work.

JonathanS

I was able to create the SIP credentials and then connect to the service successfully.  However, this is not the preferred way since it is presumably less secure and PhonePower goes out of their way to say connecting this way is not supported.  I wish they would make sure their supported hardware auto-provisioning actually worked.  At least this is a work around for anyone facing the same problem.  If/when PhonePower fixes the issue I will update this post.

Taoman

PhonePower will still support you using SIP credentials. They just won't help you configure your device.

Recommend you change X_UserAgentPort to 12060 per PhonePower:

http://www.phonepower.com/wiki/Obihai_plans#Obihai_SIP_Port_Change

steveh

I have been attempting to configure a new Obi110 with PhonePower and receiving the "There was a problem resyncing your device" too.

Per PhonePower, they have a support ticket with Obihai/Obitalk regarding this issue. Seems the API is broken.

Tech Support at PhonePower did their best to assist with manual setup using SIP credentials. My device registers, will receive calls, but will not make outbound calls.

Very frustrating to say the least.