News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi202 Installation

Started by AndrewA, February 27, 2017, 01:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewA

Hi,

I recently got my Obi202 (new) from Amazon. I have a dial tone, all the lights light up, and everything else.

However, when I try to do a test call or the echo, the phone goes into "busy signal" right after the **9.

I reconfigured my Asus RT-AC66U and I am still having problems.

Please help.

Thanks.

drgeoff

I suggest doing a factory reset and starting again.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

or easier is to dial ***8.  Listen then dial a 1 and then a #.

AndrewA

Hi. I did that. I get the dial tone, but anything after pressing 3, I get a busy signal.

drgeoff

Quote from: AndrewA on February 28, 2017, 07:57:24 PM
Hi. I did that. I get the dial tone, but anything after pressing 3, I get a busy signal.
I don't understand what you mean.

You did the factory reset.  You dial **9 222 222 222. What's with the '3'?

AndrewA

Sorry for the typo. I did the factory reset, and I did the **9 222-222-222. However, when I am dialing...anything after **9 I get an immediate busy signal.

drgeoff

Are you sure the factory reset happened?  Which method did you use?

AndrewA

Hi. I used the paperclip method. I held it down until the light went Red, and then released it. At that point the system reset itself.

drgeoff

Quote from: AndrewA on March 01, 2017, 09:39:43 AM
Hi. I used the paperclip method. I held it down until the light went Red, and then released it. At that point the system reset itself.
I cannot reconcile that with the instructions in the FAQ:

1. With a paper clip (or similar) depress the reset pin located at the bottom of the OBi.
2. While keeping the reset pin depressed, plug-in the power cord.
First, the Power LED will turn red, then become sold green.
Keep depressing the reset pin while this is occurring.
3. After 10 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green (slowly).
You may now release the reset pin.
4. Within 5 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green rapidly for about 3 seconds.
5. Next the Power LED will change to red briefly indicating the OBi is now rebooting.

AndrewA

I followed this method, and it still does this. I have even changed the settings within my router to fix this.

drgeoff

Even without the factory reset OBi202 being plugged in to your router you should be able to dial the complete **9 222 222 222 before getting a tone.

If you cannot, then either the 202 is faulty or is not configured to defaults or see edit below*.  A factory reset should return it to defaults.  However if someone has previously had this unit, registered it on the portal and used the portal to configure it to a non-standard use of the **9 prefix and then returned it to Amazon, that non-standard setting will be downloaded back into the OBi every time it boots if it has an internet connection back to Obihai's server.  What happens if you do the reset and dial **9 222 222 222 without connecting the 202 to your router?

Have you any suspicion that this might have been a returned unit? For example was the lead on the PSU not neatly wound up and secured with a wire-twist with no sign of having been undone and retwisted.

Used or faulty, it looks like you need to get back to Amazon.

*Edit:  Any possibility that the phone you are using is faulty and not sending the correct digit tones?  Can you try with another phone?  Make sure the phone is plugged directly into the 202's PHONE port and not via any house wiring.

JoeX

I attempted to install the OBi wifi adapter on the 202.  It would not work.  Ever since then the 202 does not work at all.  I have sent numerous emails to Support and consistently get the useless reply that my device is OFFLINE.  I have pressure tested every component in the chain (phone, cables, router, etc.) every one of them works except when connected to the 202.

Anyone have nay ideas how to get the device to work.  I have done the factory reset several times to no avail. 

Customer support for OBi may be the absolute worst I have ever experienced