News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible ? Auto-respond to specific incoming call with touch tone key

Started by a2zee, February 27, 2017, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2zee

I have an OBi200 device with VoIP service and a DID number from CallWithUs.com.

The number is in my apartment complex's Linear Access electronic entry system. When a visitor chooses me on the system, the DID number gets called by the entry system (has a specific fixed landline phone number). I manually pick up the call on analog phone that is connected to the OBi200, and can choose to press the '9' phone key to unlock a door so that the visitor can enter the apartment complex.

Is it possible to automate this?

That is, can the OBi device be configured such that a call coming in from the Linear Access system is automatically accepted and responded to with a '9' phone key?

Thank you.

restamp

I don't know if this can be made to do what you want on the OBis, but take a look at Voice Services -> SPx -> X_SkipCallScreening.  I believe this injects an out-of-band '1' when picking up the phone to tell Google Voice you'll accept the incoming call.  I'm not sure, though, whether it is possible to change the digit that is sent.

a2zee

a2zee

I have now got this working using the following method, which uses a Tropo application to respond with a DTMF tone if the inbound call is from the entry system.

I put this value in Voice services > SP1 service > X_InboundCallRoute:

{(716xxxxxxx):sp1(yyyyyyyyyy@sip.tropo.com),ph}, {ph}

The SIP service provider I am using is at SP1. 716xxxxxxxx is the number of the apartment entry system buzzer and yyyyyyyyyy@sip.tropo.com is the VoIP address of the Javascript script/application hosted on Tropo.com under a free, dev account. The InboundCallRoute value is to send the buzzer call to the Tropo application over SIP. The call will be sent to the analog phone attached to the OBi200 if Tropo is unreachable. All other calls go to the analoh phone.

The Tropo application/script code is shown below; zzz refers to the account ID; the mp3 audio file is for the DTMF tone. The tone is sent twice, just in case the buzzer system does not get it the first time  (unnecessary?). I tried 3-4 different audio files for the DTMF tone before finding one that worked. The audio files had the tone sound at different play duration, amplitude, etc.

answer();
say("Welcome. Pull door to enter now. http://hosting.tropo.com/xxxxxxx/www/audio/Dtmf-1.mp3");
wait(2500);
say("http://hosting.tropo.com/zzz/www/audio/Dtmf-1.mp3");
wait(500);
hangup();

It is possible to have the Tropo application generate the DTMF tone only conditionally; e.g., only if the visitor enters a PIN.