News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi WARRANTY support USELESS MOH (Music on HOLD ? 508)

Started by transam98, March 11, 2017, 07:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

I have a 508 (UNDER warranty) and ive given them the # on the back and they do NOT answer....

I have the Music feed wired in and its setup (and DOES work when I press the FLASH button)...
ive asked them repeatedly but no answer so im here asking...

If I have a call waiting call come in and O press hold it gieves the 1st caller music (totally fine)...

but example... I gotta goto the bathroom and wanan put that call on hold... I HIT FLASH and it gives them music and gives me a DIAL Tone (like I wanna make a 3way call) I dont like the idea of ME having a dial tone that will eventually time out and then who knows what, revert to other call or give me a off hook siren....

so my ? is if I DONT have a incoming call and i want the person to have music , when I press FLASH and it gives them music is there a # I should dial to get rid of the dial tone (on my end) without a time out or something ?
thanks in adv.

LTN1

You need to check out your OBi508 Admin Guide here: http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi508AdminGuide.pdf

Holds are typically temporary on many PBX type systems...based on a default of a configured ring-back so people don't accidentally put someone on hold too long.

For longer holding times, most PBXes allow for call park--as does the OBi508. This can be configured to have the listener have MoH also. See the attached page that may be relevant to your situation. Otherwise, you need to do your own reading of the admin guide as most people here probably don't have the 508. And it doesn't take that long to find the answer...do a word search in the PDF file--for example of "call park" or "moh" -- it literally takes 30 seconds.

transam98

Thanks for the DOC LTN1 Ill search for the string of call park :)

LTN1

One of the problems in getting a lower end PBX type system like the OBi508 is that the UI isn't as polished and user-friendly. Some of the things like changing configuration and timing for on-hold or call park is there--but it is just more difficult to get to. I've attached a sample video of how easy it is to configure these things on a FortiVoice system that I have--and the truth is, my system isn't the top of the line at all--but in its day, it costed about $1800 for the main PBX system. So when you compare $1800 versus a $350 OBi508 system, you should give Obihai a little break since they haven't factored that much into their UI or support system. They are depending on users with a higher level of tech and research skills coming into the system. For the support that most OBi users would like, they'd have to increase their device costs at least 3 times.

transam98

I follow what your saying, but when you have paid for support and don't get it...... they should have figured the price of their support to cover themselves (I guess they have they just don't reply!) hahah well I accidentally figured it out, I press FLASH and then it will switch the MOH on and I just hang up ! now If I can figure out the TIMER to make it LONGER before the phone does its double ring reminder :) I generally don't like to play with the settings as to screw something up.... hence me emailing my PAID tech support that doesn't exist ;(