News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Out of Area?

Started by drbubba, August 19, 2013, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbubba

I just upgraded to the Obi210 from the Obi100. My phone seems to work okay except every time my phone now rings, the caller id says "Out of area" then lists the calling number with a 1 preceding the area code. However, the calls are all coming from 770 and 404 which is Atlanta and my area code is 404 (Atlanta has multiple area codes). This never happened with the Obi100.

I am using google voice.

Does anyone have an idea why this is now doing this?

Thanks

Shale

Quote from: drbubba on August 19, 2013, 02:56:08 PM
I just upgraded to the Obi210 from the Obi100. My phone seems to work okay except every time my phone now rings, the caller id says "Out of area" then lists the calling number with a 1 preceding the area code.

That sounds normal for a Panasonic phone (and probably some others) for a GV call where the number is not in the GV address book or in the Panasonic Phonebook. Did you maybe get a new phone at the same time?

Did you get an OBi110, Obi200, or an OBi202?

drbubba

I meant to say I got the Obi202.

I did not buy a new phone but have been using a Panasonic for more than a year. I never saw the Out of Area message before so I was wondering if I might have missed something when I set up the Obi202.

I just called my phone number from my cell, my wife's and my dad's and they all display as they have been. Perhaps it is an anomaly for callers who have not dialed my number before. It seems there has been a big increase in all kinds of unwanted calls in the past few months.

Thanks for your earlier comment.

Shale

For GV, go onto the website, and move unwanted calls to the spam folder. I think that tells GV that you don't want to hear from that number again, and it probably takes inference if may people do that with a given number.

Can't give you a step-by-step... I haven't felt the need yet.

You might go thru your phone history, and see if other numbers show out of area. GV does not provide caller ID normally if the number is not in your GV phone book as a contact.

CoalMinerRetired

That behavior is definitely due to some interaction between what the Obi202 sends for Caller ID and how the Panasonic handset treats the value.  A few points:

GV does not and will not sent the CNAM field, but it will send the Caller ID field. The Caller ID field is 201-555-1212, CNAM field is "John A Doe".

Look in the 202's Call History, it will tell you exactly what is being sent to the phone, for both the Caller ID and CNAM. This is an example of Caller ID and CNAM: >> From 'BILL SMITH' SP1(12015551212) <<, This is an example of of Caller ID and with blank CNAM (i.e., incoming calls on GV) >> From 'BILL SMITH' SP1() <<

Call History for new users:  Not viewable via the ObiTalk Portal. You have to access via the Web Server-Based Local Configuration  (also called The OBi Device Management Web Page also called direct IP address interface), How to link.

sunsailor

If you get "Out of area" followed by your GV number, it is probably a GV setting issue.
Also double-check your Call History (in the Obi200 web UI), if you see all incoming calls like
"From GT1(*your GV number*)", it means GV is sending your GV number instead of the actual caller phone number to Obi200.

Solution:
Login to Google and open GV (https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#callsettings)
If you are on the new interface, select "Legacy", then open Settings, choose Calls.
For "Caller ID (incoming)" select the first option "Display caller's number" instead of the second "Display my GV number".

Since GV does not provide ID names, you'll still get "Out of area" on top, but below you'll see the real caller's phone number.