News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Change Ring Tone

Started by tallguynj, March 08, 2017, 05:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallguynj

I read one post where I can change the ring tone of a SP line by going under Voice Services---> SPX Service

I see X_RingProfile can be either A or B. Here's the issues.

I have 3 numbers, SP1, SP2 and SP3.

SP1 is Profile A
SP2 is Profile B
SP3 is Profile A

When I go into SP2 and change X_RingProfile and X_CodecProfile to A and submit it, it won't save.

When I go into SP3,  X_RingProfile and X_CodecProfile are both grayed out and I can't make any changes.

I really just want to change SP3 to have a different ring profile from SP1.

Thank you

azrobert

IMHO changing the Ring Pattern is better than changing the Ring Profile. The Ring Pattern is determined by X_DefaultRing in SPx Service. Now you can have a different ring pattern for all three SP trunks.

In Ring Profile A:
Ring Pattern 1 is a single ring.
Ring Pattern 2 is a triple ring.
Ring Pattern 3 is a double ring.

You can see the Ring Pattern settings in Ring Settings/Ring Profile A/B

If you are using OBi Expert to make this change then you need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the Value to be able to change it.

If you added your OBi200 to OBiTalk and trying to make this change via the local interface, OBiTalk will overlay your change. If you want to do this, you need to disable OBiTalk Auto Provisioning. Now with Provisioning disabled you won't be able to make changes via OBiTalk. In other words, you can only use one method to make changes.

tallguynj

Thank you.  I was about to change it to #2 and that changed the ring.  When I changed it to #3, it didn't.

LTN1

Obi distinctive rings: Single ring pattern (Ring 1) Double ring pattern (Ring 3) Triple ring pattern (ring 6)

If you want to change your Ring pattern (the above are the most common), follow the below instructions:

Expert Configuration/Voice Service/SP Service(1, 2, etc.)/X_DefaultRing/(Ring Number)/(Uncheck Obitalk Settings)

See the attachments for samples of single and double rings.