News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Setup GV and Local Line

Started by NotObiOne, March 16, 2017, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotObiOne

I have a new Obi202 device in where I would like to have the same setup as I had on my Obi 110.

I currently live in Colombia and we have a VoIP (through our Internet provider) along with Google Voice. I would like it so that when I dial anythig with a prefix of 1 it goes through the Google Voice (Phone 1) port. Local numbers can go through Phone 2 (Line in our old Obi 110 setup) port.

Any help would be super welcomed!

drgeoff

You need to explain better.

Are you trying to have both the 110 and 202 in use?

Or are you trying to use only the 202 and connect it to a POTS line. That is not possible using an unaided 202. Both RJ11 sockets on a 202 are for phones only. Plugging a POTS line into a 202 risks permanent damage to the 202.

NotObiOne

I don't want to use the 110 and 202 together. Just the 202. I do not have a POTS line.

drgeoff

I understand that you have GV configured on the 202's SP1. (Please use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. Phone 1 and Phone 2 refer to the handsets, not the Internet Telephony Service Providers.)

What logical service and physical apparatus is providing the capability you want to employ for local calls?

NotObiOne

I have a Google Voice account and a VoIP service from my cable provider. When I had my Obi 110 I had the physical telephone connected to the Phone port of the box and the VoIP connected to the Line port of the box. Whenever I dialed 1+Area Code, the call would be routed through Google Voice. Any local number (xxx-xxxx) would be routed through the Line port, hence my VoIP. I want this on the 202.

drgeoff

I think you are saying that your VoIP "line" appeared on a socket into which a phone would usually be plugged, but in your case that socket was connected to the LINE socket of your OBi110.

If that is correct then I already addressed that in my first reply. Although you do not have a POTS line, your VoIP service appears on an interface which emulates (ie has the same electrical characteristics) as a POTS line.  And you cannot plug that into an OBi202. It won't work and may damage the OBi202.

You either need to get an OBiLINE and plug it into the USB socket on the 202 or use the 110 either by itself or in conjunction with the 202.

Why do you want to use a 202 instead of the 110?

azrobert

You can route calls from the OBi202 over the OBiTalk network to the OBi110 and then out the Line port. Make the following configuration changes with OBi Expert:

OBi202:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 and 2 Port
PrimaryLine: OBiTalk Service

Add the following to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(<200123456*>xx.|222222222):pp},

Replace 200123456 with the OBi number of the OBi110

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service
DigitMap: (xx.S3)

InboundCallRoute: ph,ph2

OBi110:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{510123456>(xx.):li}