News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 Issue The number you dialed was rejected reason503

Started by FormerYooper, March 27, 2017, 04:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FormerYooper

My OBi200 was working just fine all day until a few minutes ago.  I cannot receive incoming calls.  When I try to dial out I get a message stating "The number you dialed XXXXX was rejected by the provider reason 503.  This issue is only occurring on SP1, which is a Google Voice number.  I can dial out & receive calls on Sp2, Sp3 and Sp4 (Sp2 & Sp3 are Google Voice numbers & Sp4 is Callcentric).  I went into the Obitalk dashboard and deleted my Sp1 and reconfigured it.  Still no dice.  The Google Voice number associated with Sp1 is working because I can take calls through Hangouts on my tablet.  Any ideas as what I might do to remedy this issue?  You are all so helpful & knowledgeable on this forum. 

Chan168

I'm also experiencing the same issue with the rejection error 503. Must be some issue with OBi because I can make phone calls via Google Hangout.

intersys

FormerYooper

Quote from: Chan168 on March 27, 2017, 04:20:42 PM
I'm also experiencing the same issue with the rejection error 503. Must be some issue with OBi because I can make phone calls via Google Hangout.

I am able to make & receive calls on Sp2, Sp3 & Sp4 though just fine.  So, it can't be an OBi problem. 

Nrupalp

Did you setup the same account you had on sp1? I am having trouble with outgoing calls and it just started couple of hours ago.

zorlac

Quote from: FormerYooper on March 27, 2017, 04:01:12 PM
My OBi200 was working just fine all day until a few minutes ago.  This issue is only occurring on SP1, which is a Google Voice number.  I can dial out & receive calls on Sp2, Sp3 and Sp4 (Sp2 & Sp3 are Google Voice numbers & Sp4 is Callcentric).

My gut feeling is that this is an obi thing, not GV, since my affected GV# still forks incoming calls to a cell # OK and rings the computer's GV account ok too.

uk2eb

rufusputnam

I'm having the problem today too. I have an Obi 200 and an Obi 100 on the same LAN segment (different buildings). Neither can call out, "Reason 503". Haven't tried incoming yet...

My Obi dashboard shows everything green and properly connected.

If others are having the same problem I won't start blindly reconfiguring everything under the assumption that my equipment or account has been glitched.

Looking forward to reports back from others if anything is discovered...

FormerYooper

Quote from: zorlac on March 27, 2017, 06:00:26 PM
Quote from: FormerYooper on March 27, 2017, 04:01:12 PM
My OBi200 was working just fine all day until a few minutes ago.  This issue is only occurring on SP1, which is a Google Voice number.  I can dial out & receive calls on Sp2, Sp3 and Sp4 (Sp2 & Sp3 are Google Voice numbers & Sp4 is Callcentric).

My gut feeling is that this is an obi thing, not GV, since my affected GV# still forks incoming calls to a cell # OK and rings the computer's GV account ok too.

Thanks much for the link to the other thread.  We'll just have to wait & see if OBi fixes this issue. 

rufusputnam

This problem existed at least 3 hours ago for me, when I tried to place a call.

But just now I just tried an incoming call and it worked. Tried an outgoing call and it worked also.

So at the moment things are back to normal. I'll keep testing periodically to see if it is intermittent or fully fixed.

Good news, anyway...

FormerYooper

Quote from: Nrupalp on March 27, 2017, 05:43:34 PM
Did you setup the same account you had on sp1? I am having trouble with outgoing calls and it just started couple of hours ago.

Yes, I set up the same account.  There are quite a few others with the same problem.  Look at this thread ...

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12554.msg80745#msg80745

FormerYooper

Quote from: rufusputnam on March 27, 2017, 06:33:31 PM
This problem existed at least 3 hours ago for me, when I tried to place a call.

But just now I just tried an incoming call and it worked. Tried an outgoing call and it worked also.

So at the moment things are back to normal. I'll keep testing periodically to see if it is intermittent or fully fixed.

Good news, anyway...

Still not working for me ...  :'(

zorlac

Seems fixed now.

Broke again.  :P

rufusputnam

Yup, worked for a bit then broke again. Intermittent at this point.

tgferg67

yakov

Same issue today (i.e. The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider, reason 503). 

I visited https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev, observed that firmware needed to be upgraded, and let it to be upgraded (Successfully upgraded xxxxxx's firmware to 3.1.1 (Build: 5463EX).). After that, OBi resumed normal work.  Issue solved for now, I will monitor for re-occurrence.

hapollo

Issue just like OPs started 4 hrs ago seems resolved on my Obi200. Problem now seems to have migrated to Obi110 at family member's house. agree that it appears more like a an Obi issue than GV issue

FormerYooper

Issue resolved briefly, but has returned.  Just a wait & see situation & be patient for a fix either from OBi or Google. 

Veazer

Add me to the list, GV on my Obi100 (1.3.0.2886 fw) has been out of service most of the day. I hope this isn't something that requires a fw upgrade and kills the unsupported devices.

Harvey

I don't have the problem on my Obi200, but do get that "Error 503" on all calls from my Obi110 (and it does not ring on incoming calls).