News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

adding 3rd GV# to OBI200

Started by bill-cary, March 27, 2017, 06:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

I have an OBI200 with 2 GV#s configured and working. I am trying to add another GV# but can't seem to get it to work. The configs are the same on both SP2 and SP3 except for the email address. I can't remember what I did to get #2 working, but I assume it is an authorization issue. I have entered the GV p/w . the configs are the same on the google voice settings also.

I have also tried to enter this on an OBI100 that has 1 GV#. So I guess I have lost the secret.

I assume I need to initially authorize it, but I can't find that function.

SteveInWA

Hunh?

This sounds like you are trying to configure Google Voice locally on the OBi's device webpage.  You can't do that.

You need to add your OBi(s) to the OBiTALK web portal, and then simply use the portal to authorize the desired SPs to each Google account.

bill-cary

I think this is a little different. I am not configuring the OBI via the website but I have both the OBI and the website configured the same. Being old, I can't remember what the issue was and I have ignored it since. The 2nd phone works now on the 100 (it did not previously cause I had the password entered in the config). It is config as SP3 on the 200 and is configured the same as SP2 but it does not work. At least now it is telling me it can't authenticate. I don't know if that is progress or not. Phone 1 & 2 on the 200 work fine and as far as I can tell phone 3 is config the same except for the email address. Maybe I should just switch the email address for SP2/SP3 and see what happens.

SteveInWA

I can't make sense out of your reply.  It sounds like you are trying to juggle between both the OBiTALK web portal and the local webserver configurations for Google Voice.  You cannot do that successfully, and trying to troubleshoot it is a complete waste of time.

Delete the problematic OBi off of the OBiTALK website.  Perform a factory reset on the OBi by picking up the phone and keying in ***8 then 1.

Add the OBi back to the OBiTALK web portal via the **5 procedure.

Follow my instructions on the link below to set up Google Voice. 

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

When doing so, first log into only the one Google/Gmail/Google Voice account in question.  Make sure you are logged in to the correct account, and that the account has the correct inbound Google Voice phone number.

Repeat the setup procedure for the other Google Voice accounts, by logging out of one Google account, and logging into the other.

bill-cary

I'm so confused now I have two threads going - let me clean this up.
OK - just ignore the other thread

given that I have 2 GV numbers configured and operating on the 200;
the first time ANOTHER SP is set up on an OBI must it be done on OBITALK AND the provisioning be enabled on system reboot? If so which provisioning - LUA, ITSP, or OBITALK?

maybe that is what you are trying to tell me?????????

SteveInWA

What I am trying to tell you is that each and every SP that you want to configure with Google Voice must be configured on the OBiTALK web portal.  Forget about the local webserver config page; it cannot be used at all to configure Google Voice, and there is no good reason to use it.

SteveInWA

And, I am telling you to reset and start over, because there are certain conditions under which the two configurations (local vs. OBiTALK) can get out of sync, and refuse to get back in sync, no matter what you do.  It is faster to just start over.  It takes less than five minutes per SP to set up.

bill-cary

thanks Steve
I like my definition better. It is simple and clear and it works.

the FIRST time you add an SP to an OBI you must configure it on OBITALK then set the OBI to auto provision for OBITALK. Reboot the OBI and it will authenticate. After that you can change the config on the OBI and disable auto provisioning if wanted.

I did not reset the OBI - what a waste of time that would be. I would have to reconfigure all previous SPs just to add one by your plan. That equates to the pat answer - reinstall Windows. Not my favorite thing to do.

SteveInWA

You MUST use the OBiTALK web portal EVERY TIME you want to configure a Service Provider slot with Google Voice. 

If you won't do that, then you are on your own.