News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 1062 and Grandstream phones!

Started by heffneil, March 29, 2017, 04:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffneil

Hey all - sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question in advance:

I purchased an Obihai OBi1062 and really love the phone. I am using it with Google Voice and it works very well.  I also purchased a grandstream phone to play around with and just set it up last night.  I used simonics sip bridge service to work with Google Voice.  It actually works and I was quite pleased except for one issue: When I call my Google Voice number only one phone rings.  Now I say only one because out of the couple times it has mostly been the obihai phone but one time it was the grandstream.  I would like both to ring if possible.  Is there some way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Neil

drgeoff

Delete the OBi1062's settings for GV and instead SIP connect it to the same Simonics account that the Grandstream is on.

heffneil

This is all great information.  Can I ask a silly novice question but how / where do I enter the admin and password?  I don't see the password option under the SIP options?

drgeoff

Quote from: heffneil on March 29, 2017, 10:57:57 AM
This is all great information.  Can I ask a silly novice question but how / where do I enter the admin and password?  I don't see the password option under the SIP options?

Depends on how you are configuring the Obiphone.

Onboard GUI or portal expert mode will be like the screenshot.

If using basic mode on portal, select generic service provider.

heffneil

AH! I was under Service Providers! Thanks for the pointing in the right direction!

heffneil

So it says it is connected:

Status   Registered (server=162.243.107.101:5060; expire in 53s)   help
PrimaryProxyServer   162.243.107.101:5060

But when I call out it is telling me Trying and just churns.  Any thoughts on what I screwed up?  I followed the directions here:

http://support.simonics.com/support/solutions/articles/3000032742-obihai-devices-enabling-proxy-server-redundancy