News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 force call transfer of inbound calls to use SP1 automatically

Started by highpks, March 31, 2017, 03:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpks

I have a rather obscure question regarding transferring and conferencing. I have my OBi1062 setup and working fine with GV on SP1 for outbound calling and CallCentric (forwarded from GV) on SP2 for inbound calling. If I try to transfer an inbound call (on SP2) the dialer defaults to using SP2 for the transfer number, which will never work because I don't have an outbound CallCentric plan. I can change it to SP1 each time manually, but I'd really like to figure out a way to make this happen by default. Any idea if I can make this happen?

azrobert

Your phone should default to using SP1 to transfer calls. To be more specific, the phone will use the Primary Line to transfer calls. If you had the Primary Line set to SP2 then your outbound calls will also be routed to SP2, so I don't think that is your problem.

To force transfers to SP1 are you dialing an "**1" prefix? Have you made any DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute configuration changes?

You can use OBi Expert to check the Primary Line here:
IP Phone -> Phone Settings -> PrimaryLine

To see the current value, uncheck both boxes to the right.

highpks

Thanks for helping...

I agree, the phone *should* use SP1 for all call transfers, but it only does this for outbound calls, which are already using SP1 (GV). For an inbound call, which is using SP2 (Callcentric), when I hit transfer, the dialtone comes from SP2. If I type a number for transfer I get a warning from Callcentric telling me I don't have any call minutes available.

To force it to use SP1, after hitting Transfer I push the SP1 button on the phone, type a number, and the transfer works.

I have not made any DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute configuration changes; no OBi Expert changes at all so far.

When I check IP Phone -> Phone Settings -> PrimaryLine it is set to "SP1 Service"

drgeoff

Quote from: highpks on April 02, 2017, 05:27:11 AM
..when I hit transfer, the dialtone comes from SP2.
The dialtone never comes from any specific SPx.  Dial tone is generated by the phone.  Only after you have finished dialling (or the phone decides it has enough digits to route the call) does the phone choose which Service Provider it will send the number to.

azrobert

Please check some settings in OBi Expert
Go to:
IP Phone -> Line Keys
Under Key1 or Key2 are there any red ! next to any values?
If there are any, uncheck both boxes to the right and post the values.

Do you always transfer the calls to the same or a just a few different numbers?

highpks

Quote from: azrobert on April 02, 2017, 10:03:51 AM
Please check some settings in OBi Expert
Go to:
IP Phone -> Line Keys
Under Key1 or Key2 are there any red ! next to any values?
If there are any, uncheck both boxes to the right and post the values.

Do you always transfer the calls to the same or a just a few different numbers?

For both Key1 and Key2, there are 3 each that have red !'s. All have values that are set from OBiTALK Settings (Service, Number, and Name). When both boxes are unchecked there are no values for any of them.

As for how many numbers will I transfer to? This is a new phone and I'm just setting it up to be useful, but mostly will transfer just to my cell phone. Maybe one or two others on occasion (business associates).

azrobert

The red ! means the parm was modified, but the only parm different from default is Function. The default is Call Appearance.

I own an OBi1032. When I transfer a SP2 inbound call, the OutboundCallRoute will send it to SP1. I don't know why your 1062 is acting differently. I have Function set to Call Monitor and Service set to SPx. I tried transferring a call with your settings and default settings and they both send the call to SP1.

You can setup a Line or Programmable Key to transfer a call using SP1 to a specific number. A Programmable Key seems more logical to me.

IP Phone -> Programmable Keys -> Key x
Function: Transfer
Service: SP1
Number: 18005551212

When on an active call press Key x
The number you entered will be called using SP1
After the call is answered press Transfer Now

You can try defining a Key without a number. You will get a pop-up asking for a number. When I setup a Key for SP3 without a number, the service is ignored and the transfer uses SP1. You will have to try it with SP1 and see what happens.

Edit:

You can try using Blind Transfer for sending calls to your Cell. The call is immediately transferred, you don't have to press Transfer Now.