News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suddenly not ringing to ObiHai phone and dial tone is a pulse

Started by Tonya, April 10, 2017, 02:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonya

I've been using the ObiHai 200 for nearly a year now.  Late last week it was intermittent, but today it's constant that when my google voice number rings, it doesn't ring the handset attached to the ObiHai anymore.  Also, I noticed today that the dial tone is a pulse rather than a steady tone.  It's the same tone as a regular dial tone, it just pulses.  I've unplugged and re-plugged in my ObiHai and the "forward calls to Google Chat" box is clicked on my Google Voice account as it always is. I can make calls on the phone just fine.  I can't figure out what changed and why it's doing this.  I don't have any unheard voicemails on either my phone handset or in Google Voice.  I can still get my phone calls on my cellphone but I need it to ring to the phone handset attached to the ObiHai for my assistant to answer when I'm with a patient. I just updated the firmware as well and it didn't resolve the problem. How do I fix this?

chester

Tonya

I have toggled google chat box multiple times and have now uninstalled/reinstalled using this troubleshooter:

http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/inc

Still nothing.

I'm also seeing several other recent forum posts where people are having the same problem.  Did something just update/change in the software that is breaking phones?  Did my Obihai box really just fail after less than 1 year of use? 

Tonya

Submitted a ticket, and after being told to do everything I had already done over again, they called me.  I happened to again mention the pulsing dial tone (which I mentioned in my original ticket) and the tech immediately realized that somehow the "do not disturb" function had been activated.  Apparently, you can do this by dialing *78.  To turn off the "do not disturb" function, dial *79.   So if anyone else has that same problem, that's how you fix it.

Beast

Tonya, you are the best.  So weird that happened all of a sudden.  Thanks for the fix!

homeph785

Oh... my... gosh!!!  I just spent the last 4 solid hours ripping my hair out trying to figure out what the heck was going on with my OBi.  This topic made it a 4 second fix.  OBi should really add this as something to check in their troubleshooting.  Yes, thank you Tonya for blazing the trail to fix this.