News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ringer inop

Started by NotNerdWnough, April 12, 2017, 03:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotNerdWnough

OBi202, incoming call logs to GV and OBiStatus, found Google Chat fwd checked=>toggled=no change=>unchecked=no change, all linked phones unlinked, call rings to voicemail, voicemail logs to GV, no change after factory reset, not latest FW

NotNerdWnough

More info:
Using POTS phone (not cordless/ battery operated). Same phone rings (normal ops) incoming calls on POTS/ land line.

Port Status
State   On Hook
LoopCurrent   0 mA
VBAT   55 V (11.8 V)
TipRingVoltage   45 V
LastCallerInfo   --

State   Off Hook
LoopCurrent   20 mA   
VBAT   15 V (11.7 V)   
TipRingVoltage   6 V

No change in port status while incoming call ringing (i.e. while refreshing PHONE Port Status web page)

SteveInWA

Quote from: NotNerdWnough on April 12, 2017, 03:54:10 PM
OBi202, incoming call logs to GV and OBiStatus, found Google Chat fwd checked=>toggled=no change=>unchecked=no change, all linked phones unlinked, call rings to voicemail, voicemail logs to GV, no change after factory reset, not latest FW

Blindly flailing around with different settings, without understanding what the settings do, is not going to fix your problem.

You need to have:

• properly configured your OBi, using the OBiTALK web portal, to acces the correct Google account's Chat service,
    and
  • properly configured your OBi to ring the desired phone port (phone 1 or phone 2) on an inbound call, and
  • plug the phone into the correct phone jack on the OBi.

Call your inbound Google Voice number from some other telephone number.  You (on the phone making the call) should hear ringing.  Your OBi has two phone LEDs; the LED for the appropriate phone port should be slowly blinking to indicate an inbound call ringing.  You should hear the ringer on the telephone.

If this doesn't work, then what, exactly, happens?

NotNerdWnough

Hi Steve in WA. Thanks for offering to help.

I followed your 'need-to-haves' and 'shoulds'. As caller I hear a ring tone as normal. OBi202 phones 1 and 2 LEDs are solid green and do not ever blink. Phone i port has phone that does not ring. Call goes to voicemail after five rings and logged by GV. I can hear voicemail okay.

Dialing *79 (to deselect DoNotDisturb) as suggested in another similar post makes no change in symptoms.

BTW, I was blindly following drgeoff's advice on an earlier similar post
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12606.msg81057#msg81057
I should have mentioned that...

SteveInWA

The fact that the phone LEDs don't blink means that the OBi is not properly configured to use your Google Voice account.

I suggest starting over from scratch.  Follow my detailed instructions, linked below.  Note that the instructions were written for the "Legacy" version of the Google Voice website.  Use the Legacy page to make the settings.  Pay close attention to the Gmail address of the Google account being used when setting it up.  If you are signed into Google account "A" but your Google Voice number is on account "B", then the device will set up, but it will be unable to receive calls, since is is authorized to the wrong account.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Taoman

Quote from: NotNerdWnough on April 12, 2017, 03:54:10 PM
OBi202, incoming call logs to GV and OBiStatus,

What do you mean, exactly, by OBiStatus? Do you mean you viewed your Call History on your OBi device itself? If so, where is the incoming call being routed to?

I'm including an attachment showing a portion of my Call History that shows a telespammer call I recently got. Notice how it shows in the right-hand column that the call was routed to PH1 and that it was "Ringing."
What do you see there for the incoming calls that don't ring your phone..........exactly?

NotNerdWnough

Thanks SteveInWA. This sounds promising. I did have a few dozen browser tabs open with several Google accounts active when I did a factory reset to try and fix the issue a couple days ago. Opportunity for confusion there....

I'm also using a Gmail account "managed by" a non-Google dedicated dot.com email address for OBi/GV. My son set that up so I'll have to check with him on how that might be affecting this issue. By your latest instruction this arrangement sounds suspicious.

In case it matters, I'm using Chromium "Version 57.0.2987.98 Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit)."

BTW I like the legacy GV much better.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to run your procedure.

NotNerdWnough

Thanks for the info Taoman.

Yes. I connected PC Ethernet cable directly to OBi202 LAN port and did the 192.168.10.1 admin thing for OBiStatus. But I did that following drgeoff's lead looking for call history.

Attached is an image of call history...

I find that only outgoing calls are logged in call history.

Taoman

Quote from: NotNerdWnough on April 13, 2017, 06:59:31 PM

I find that only outgoing calls are logged in call history.

Then follow SteveInWA's instructions.

Based on your first post I thought you were seeing incoming calls in your OBi Call History.

NotNerdWnough

Thank you Taoman. Your attachment helped me focus and I had indeed misread the call history.