News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV and OBi with advanced call features

Started by mvtion, April 20, 2017, 05:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvtion

I've been using my GV number for my business for a while.  It currently dials directly to my cell.  As my business expands, I'd like to add more advanced calling features such as auto attendant, call screening, MOH etc.  I've looked into SIP VOIP services, but GV cannot forward to those SIP providers.  Whats the best way to keep my GV number while also getting more advanced call features?

I'm still new to OBi I'm not sure if these would work and what is the best solution:
1. GV setup with OBi and have it OBi forward all calls to SIP providers (i.e. ring central, evoice)
2. VOIP provider (i.e. anveo) setup with OBi and have GV forward to OBi
3. GV setup with OBi Business (OBi10xx)
4. GV forwards to low cost non SIP providers (not sure what they are)

Thanks in advance!

SteveInWA

Google Voice is not designed nor intended to be a business-class telephone system.  Your best alternative would be to port your Google Voice telephone number to a SIP-based, Internet Telephone Service Provider that has the features you want, and just take Google Voice out of the picture entirely.  From the Google Voice account, all you need to do is to "unlock" the number for porting out.  Then, contact the new carrier, who will perform the port into their service.

https://www.google.com/voice/unlock

There are many ITSPs from which to choose.

wmcbrine

Quote from: mvtion on April 20, 2017, 05:06:56 PM
I've looked into SIP VOIP services, but GV cannot forward to those SIP providers.
Eh? Well, it certainly forwards to Callcentric... where are you getting this?