News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI1062 & Multiple Numbers

Started by ckelsoe, April 21, 2017, 05:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckelsoe

Hi, I am hoping for confirmation of this desired configuration. I have two separate businesses with separate numbers and different caller id's. If I were to port those numbers to a vendor like VOIP.MS will the OBi1062 enable me to select which number to dial out from and reflect that caller id to the person I am calling?

drgeoff

Yes the 1062 (and all other OBi phones and ATAs) can do that.

The OBi phones have the added advantage of a visible indication of which number an incoming call is on.

Alternatively an OBi202 ATA plus two ordinary analogue phones, especially if you'll ever want calls on both numbers at the same time.

ckelsoe

Thanks drgeoff!

Is VOIP.MS the best option for me to set this up with? I used them in the past and did not have a bad experience. I am currently using the phone on DialPad. Because they lock users out of the phone I cannot get the Jabra Pro headset to work satisfactorily.

drgeoff

Quote from: ckelsoe on April 21, 2017, 07:31:03 AM
Thanks drgeoff!

Is VOIP.MS the best option for me to set this up with? I used them in the past and did not have a bad experience. I am currently using the phone on DialPad. Because they lock users out of the phone I cannot get the Jabra Pro headset to work satisfactorily.
I'm in the UK and don't have sufficient first hand experience of any of the US-targeted service offerings to form a valid opinion.

Ah, if you want to use an EHS the ATAs are not in the running.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ckelsoe on April 21, 2017, 07:31:03 AM
I am currently using the phone on DialPad. Because they lock users out of the phone I cannot get the Jabra Pro headset to work satisfactorily.

Really? ALL the phone settings are locked down?  Or, just the service provider settings?  I'd suggest contacting DialPad to clarify this.  You ought to be able to access the settings for the headset.

Anyhow, voip.ms would be a fine choice.

ckelsoe

Yup I have talked to DialPad multiple times. Loosing 7 months of an annual payment but I have to have a phone and headset that works.