News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Press 1 To Accept, 2 For Voicemail

Started by zaragoza2, April 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaragoza2

Hi,

I reconfigured my Obihai110 about a month ago using Obitalk.  I put Google Voice in the SP1 position and Callcentric in the SP2 position.  With incoming calls via SP2/Callcentric, I'm getting an audio prompt to press 1 to accept the call or 2 to send the call to voicemail.  I don't have any Call Treatments set up on the Callcentric website for this to occur.  Do I have to do something on the Obitalk website to shut off this feature?

Edit:  As all incoming Google Voice calls are passed to my SP2 line, the incoming call in question was a Google Voice call.  In my Google Voice settings, I have "forward all calls to a linked number" checked.  It was recommended by someone.  What is the reasoning behind that, so as to not burden Google Voice with the complete transmitting of incoming calls?

Taoman

Quote from: zaragoza2 on April 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM
Do I have to do something on the Obitalk website to shut off this feature?
Go here and disable call screening.
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#callsettings

Quote from: zaragoza2What is the reasoning behind that, so as to not burden Google Voice with the complete transmitting of incoming calls?
You're the one that got a Callcentric DID and configured it on your OBi. Why'd you do it? E911 support?
The most common reason is so that you will get CNAM (caller ID name) on incoming GV calls.

zaragoza2

Quote from: Taoman on April 23, 2017, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: zaragoza2 on April 23, 2017, 01:00:06 PM
Do I have to do something on the Obitalk website to shut off this feature?
Go here and disable call screening.
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#callsettings

Quote from: zaragoza2What is the reasoning behind that, so as to not burden Google Voice with the complete transmitting of incoming calls?
You're the one that got a Callcentric DID and configured it on your OBi. Why'd you do it? E911 support?
The most common reason is so that you will get CNAM (caller ID name) on incoming GV calls.

I had Callcentric before I had Google Voice.  So you're saying that if one only has Google Voice, they're not able to get a caller ID name on their incoming GV calls???

Thanks for the tip on disabling call screening.  It seems to me that the enabling of call screening shouldn't be the default position.

Taoman

Quote from: zaragoza2 on April 23, 2017, 05:56:13 PM

I had Callcentric before I had Google Voice.  So you're saying that if one only has Google Voice, they're not able to get a caller ID name on their incoming GV calls???

Correct.